• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Newbie in need of help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie in need of help please

Hi everyone, just signed up as a member of this site today after a google search found you for me!

I'm trying to find outif there's any test cases for a problem a good friend of mine has.

In 1999 he took his Brietling watch into a jewellers for a repair to the face which had become damaged. It was not the same jewellers as he originally purchased the watch from. I'm not 100% sure why, but my friend did not collect the watch from the jewellers and a couple of years later discovered that the jeweller had sold his watch. He has been backwards and forwards with this jeweller for a number of years now and is getting no where. The jewellers never contacted him to ask why he hadn't collected the watch nor did they contact him to inform him that they were selling his watch - can anyone here assist please?

Cookie

Re: Newbie in need of help please

Not my area of expertise, but, has he actually asked the jewellers why they sold his watch? Was there something in the terms of the repair etc which allowed them to do this after a certain period? What do the jewellers say? You say he has been backwards and forwards but really we would need more specific info as to what has happened, what correspondence, if any, etc, before anyone could give an opinion.
    Is no longer here

Comment

He's been negotiating with the jeweller since 2001??

The nine year period of communication is extremely troubling. What was going on? There is a 6year legal action limitation from the point in time when he first became aware of the loss....
      I'm assuming he engaged in a proper dialogue with the shop and has been repeatedly duped and lied to??
      What was the value of the watch?
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

There appears to be no chance whatsoever that your friend will achieve anything but wasted time and frustration if he continues to pursue this matter.

I suggest you tell your friend to buy a new watch, cookie...

...and next time use the County Court to make a timely claim.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X