• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New to the Forum and help needed please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Forum and help needed please

Hi everyone, I am a newbie to this forum.

I appear to have done something very stupid and handed over £249 to Cento Client Review! I did this obviously before reading this forum (having only discovered it today). They just happened to call me after I had been making enquiries online about the unenforceability of a secured loan I have with FirstPlus Financial. They were in the right place at exactly the right time! Anyway, cut a long story short, I have given them the money from my Debit Card, I received their pack - Credit Questionnaire, Letter of Engagement, Letter of Authority and Letter to FOS and have signed and returned it to them yesterday by Special Delivery. After reading various posts on here and on other similar forums, I am naturally very concerned about this company. Can anyone offer me any advice please?

Thank you in advance.

LittleAnnie

Re: New to the Forum and help needed please

Hi Little Annie

Welcome to Legal Beagles and thank you for posting up your query.

Can you please advise what date did you paid?

If it is within the 14 days, if it is your right to cancel if you wish, but you need to return the complete pack and write and advise them that you have changed your mind and want a full refund. You should also emai lthem as well as by post and send by special/recorded delivery.

Their rules are 14 days for cancelation according to their T&C's as long as the pack is returned to them.

Please ask them to confirm within 7 days that they will be refunding you in full.

Should they not respond to you at this time you will have to make a complaint to the Ministry of Justice sending them a copy of your letter and showing that you have followed their cancelation proceedures on their T&C's. You will also have to consider taking legal action.

If you are still having problems let either myself or Amethyst know and we will try and help you further.

Have you read the main Cento thread - if you have not I will put the link here for you. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=16630

All the best
    Tuttsi x

Originally posted by LittleAnnie View Post
    Hi everyone, I am a newbie to this forum.

I appear to have done something very stupid and handed over £249 to Cento Client Review! I did this obviously before reading this forum (having only discovered it today). They just happened to call me after I had been making enquiries online about the unenforceability of a secured loan I have with FirstPlus Financial. They were in the right place at exactly the right time! Anyway, cut a long story short, I have given them the money from my Debit Card, I received their pack - Credit Questionnaire, Letter of Engagement, Letter of Authority and Letter to FOS and have signed and returned it to them yesterday by Special Delivery. After reading various posts on here and on other similar forums, I am naturally very concerned about this company. Can anyone offer me any advice please?

Thank you in advance.

LittleAnnie

Comment

Thank you Tuttsi - I paid them last Wednesday which was 31st March and I received the pack on 1st April, I completed the paperwork and sent it back to them yesterday by Special Delivery. Do you know of any legitimate companies who we can approach with regards to our claim with FirstPlus?

Thank you

LittleAnnie

Comment

It is very unlikely that an unenforceable claim will be entertained as there a was recent court hearings where judgments were not in favour of account holders. Have a look at this article http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=19580

Also, if Cento sold you their service based on an unenforceable agreement - I would definately if it were me cancel the agreement immediately.

Tuttsi x

Originally posted by LittleAnnie View Post
        Thank you Tuttsi - I paid them last Wednesday which was 31st March and I received the pack on 1st April, I completed the paperwork and sent it back to them yesterday by Special Delivery. Do you know of any legitimate companies who we can approach with regards to our claim with FirstPlus?

Thank you

LittleAnnie

Comment

Okay, thank you very much.

LittleAnnie

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X