• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

British Gas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Gas

Hi everyone
    I have a prepayment meter with British Gas, they claim I owe them in excess of £700
    But will not send any relevant information to confirm how they arrived at this figure.
    I originally owed them money and had the meter changed to prepayment to collect this. The amount I owed was recovered and the debt stopped on the prepayment meter, but last year around August time the meter started to collect debt money again, I telephoned BG to find out why and they said I owed £700, i asked for an invoice showing all the money paid into the meter, but they did not supply one. I estimate the meter has collected over £700 since August 09, now BG has sent me a letter stating BCW are dealing with this debt, but BCW have no information about any money paid through this meter. HELP.

Re: British Gas

Originally posted by morgsta View Post
    Hi everyone
    I have a prepayment meter with British Gas, they claim I owe them in excess of £700
    But will not send any relevant information to confirm how they arrived at this figure.
    I originally owed them money and had the meter changed to prepayment to collect this. The amount I owed was recovered and the debt stopped on the prepayment meter, but last year around August time the meter started to collect debt money again, I telephoned BG to find out why and they said I owed £700, i asked for an invoice showing all the money paid into the meter, but they did not supply one. I estimate the meter has collected over £700 since August 09, now BG has sent me a letter stating BCW are dealing with this debt, but BCW have no information about any money paid through this meter. HELP.
    Write to British Gas and ask them how they came to this figure because you believe the amount may not be correct and you are struggling again to pay it. If BCW contact you then tell them or better still write to them telling them that you are requesting more information from British Gas because you need to clarify the correct figure.

Comment

Re: British Gas

If you still encounter problems then you should complain to OFGEM

Consumers
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X