• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys

Just joined this forum today I have been following a couple of threads for a while and I am in need of your expert advice / comments.

I have entered a DMP at the back end of last year - we have been struggling for a while and didn't want to face upto facts - Since being in the DMP things seem a little brighter, although we do keep getting the odd letter here and there. I have been pursing bank charges for the last 12-18months, however I have only been communicating with the bank and had not gone to the next level.

I have written back to the bank after they sent me the standard letter about their 'victory' at the supreme court.

The main point I am fighting on is that the bank have been taking charges for the last 12 months without sending me any notification, prior to this period I did receive letters stating what would be taken out on what day and the reason for it. Do I have a good argument with this or am I wasting my time.

Any help/advice would be greatly received.

Mystery

Re: New Member

Which bank and check that you have not inadvertently opted for paperless statements. NatWest bank seem to keep trying this one on with me with regards to paperless statements especially when you log into their internet service, I assume you might have been caught out similarly.

EDIT: and before my manners disappear altogether.....a Warm Welcome to Legal Beagles.

Comment

Hi Natweststaffmember

Yes I do have internet banking, I'm with the Halifax.

I have always had internet banking and I have always been paperless, Up until December 2008 they always sent both electronic copies and notification letters through the post.

On my online statements it also states ' We will give you at least 14 days notice before we take any interest or fees out of your account '.

I am not aware of them changing the t&c's and I have not changed anything online, so I am perplexed as to why these letters have stopped yet the charges keep being taken.

Comment

Write to them and ask for an explanation of this.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X