• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Credit Card Debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Card Debt

My circumstances have changed and I have too much debt to seriously consider paying it off. I have to avoid my credit card liabilities or go bankrupt. I read so much about being able to avoid credit card liabilities because of CCA issues but I've not come across anyone (apart from predatory claims management companies) who has actually been through the process sucsessfully. Have you?

Re: Credit Card Debt

How have your circumstances changed? How much do you owe?

Avoiding a credit card debt is not as simple as it, or "predatory claims management companies" make it appear.

Have you tried to negotiate your payments down a little? How have the card companies behaved and reacted.

Perhaps if you tell us some more, we can help.

Comment

Also if you have incurred charges on these accounts it is reasonably simple to get those charges refunded, thereby reducing the outstanding balance or maybe even wiping out the debt totally and having a bit left over.

As Amy says, the more information you can provide us the more easily we can suggest possible solution for you.

Budgie

PS and welcome to Legal Beagles

Comment

Amy and Budgie, Thanks for your interest but you ask questions rather than provide answers, the first of which would be the one to my question; "I've not come across anyone (apart from predatory claims management companies) who has actually been through the process [avoiding their credit card debt] sucsessfully. Have you?"

Your questions are subsidiary to that key answer I seek.

Comment

My answer to your question would then be "Yes, I have"
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I didn't actually ask a question, I made a statement, a couple of statements actually.

Good luck with sorting out your situation.

Originally posted by Usuriously Broken View Post
            Amy and Budgie, Thanks for your interest but you ask questions rather than provide answers, the first of which would be the one to my question; "I've not come across anyone (apart from predatory claims management companies) who has actually been through the process [avoiding their credit card debt] sucsessfully. Have you?"

Your questions are subsidiary to that key answer I seek.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X