• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hiya, just joined!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiya, just joined!

Hiya, I have just joined legalbeagles because at the start of the year I got an energy bill from over a year ago for £130. I questioned this bill as it had taken over a year to come after me phone the company when I first changed over and being told the final bill was sorted and the fact that the person who had moved out had loads of debt and I wondered if it was maybe her bill rather then mine.

After alot of arguing and wasted phone calls I was told it was definitly my bill and would have to be paid.

I started to pay the monthly installments after explaining with two children now I couldnt pay it in full which I would have done if I got the bill when I first changed supplers. Until a woman from the company came to my door trying to get me to change back. I explained all the hassel and the money I still owed. When she checked her system, she said I didnt owe nothing and should stop paying. Which I did.

After alot more debt collecting letters and threats for court actions came through the door, I was told if the company took over a year to send the bill I didnt have to pay as it was there fault. Is this true?

Thanks for your help, Alicia.

Re: Hiya, just joined!

Hi Alicia,

I'm pretty new here myself, but have gained so much info about other stuff!
    Have a look around (especially banks, credit cards, PPI).
    I'm sure one of the 'big beagles' will be along in a minute.

cnjw

:tinysmile_grin_t:
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Bump

Comment

Hi,

If a company fails to provide a bill, companies have been told by Ofgem not to bill for any electricity or gas used by a customer more than two years previously. From July 2007, companies who have failed to issue bills will be expected not to bill for any amount which dates back for longer than a year.

Regards,

Rohan.

Comment

Hi again,

Did you have a look around?

(Just in case you missed it, I thought this might be of interest - read whole thread, as there is tons of info! - EDF trying to bill me for old address nearly 2 years ago!! help - Legal Beagles))

cnjw

:tinysmile_grin_t:
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X