• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi!

Hi everyone!

I wonder if anyone would be kind enough to give me a bit of advice? Back in 2006 I stupidly had dealings with a debt management company called Spectrum Financial Protection who I understand were then on Watchdog a while later. I am trying to sort through any debt and interest charges from banks which caused me to get into financial difficulty.......however am wondering how I can get the fee back that I paid to this customer? Is there a standard legal letter that I can use?

Thank you....any advice greatfully received

Re: Hi!

What did you pay them and under what terms did you do this?

Comment

Hi

I paid them 817 up front (well in 3 installments) and then i was paying a monthly fee which was to be dispersed amongst creditors. I stopped paying after reading on another site that people were having problems with them, but am just getting my act together with paperwork etc now after moving (poor excuse i know!)

Comment

You must establish what you paid for, why you paid it and whether or not you received what you paid for. £817 is a strange total and is not divisible evenly by three, why was it this sum and how was it made up? How much was the monthly fee and of that fee, how much was distributed amongst your creditors?

There are various Acts of Parliament that protect you against unscrupulous traders, but they do not protect you against yourself and it is not necessarily unlawful for a company to sell you a product or service simply because you no longer want it.

You mention that you read on another site that people were having problems with the company mentioned in your first post, but did you have problems with them, or any reason to stop paying the monthly fee?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X