• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

hello

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello

hi

just saying hello to you all .

i have joined to try and understand how i may be able to deal with my debts

have read a lot on the web re debtkiller / debt transfer etc
    but dont have the funds for this so would like to DIY

debt 1 overdraft £10 k
    debt 2 revolving loan £30k
    debt 3 card £9 k

all relating to barclays.
    currently just lost my job so have had to apply for benefits
    was living overseas on meagre income but returned to Uk as i have children here.

any advice much appreciated.
    euro

Re: hello

Hi Euro,

Welcome to LB x

Have you worked in the UK in the last 5 year? I found it exceptionally hard to get any benefits when I lost my job as I had not paid enough national insurance in the last 5 years to qualify me for benefits.

We do not advocate avoiding debt, but we are good at helping people manage their debts

firstly I would say do and Income and expenditure form there is a link at the top of the screen somewhere. Post it up here but dont include any personal details.

Are the debts still with Barclays or have they gone to debt collectors? I would recommend initally writting to barclays telling them the situation. Explain that you want the interest frozen and will only be able to make token payments of £XX (make sure its something you can afford) untill you get a new position.
    Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
    Me VS Abbey Win
    BIL HSBC Credit Card
    BIL EGG
    BIL HSBC Loan
    BIL PPI Win

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X