• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all

Hi All

Jst thought id come and say hello and ask for some advice,

I have just recently been laid off from work, and am having problem with the ppi firm (direct grop) who spply the payment protection for my welcome finance loan, I have been searching this form and have realised that I dont have all the docment for this loan that I shold have and that in the last 5 years I have never had a statement sent. I wold like to get all the information that they have with regards to the loan and ppi from welcome bt I have no idea how I go abot doing so, can anyone help

john

Re: Hello all

Welcome to Legal Beagles John.

Are you trying to claim on the PPI and they are refusing to pay out, or was it mis-sold?.

Once this is clarified, we will be able to advise you on how to proceed.

CJ

Comment

Originally posted by johnl69 View Post
      Hi All

Jst thought id come and say hello and ask for some advice,

I have just recently been laid off from work, and am having problem with the ppi firm (direct grop) who spply the payment protection for my welcome finance loan, I have been searching this form and have realised that I dont have all the docment for this loan that I shold have and that in the last 5 years I have never had a statement sent. I wold like to get all the information that they have with regards to the loan and ppi from welcome bt I have no idea how I go abot doing so, can anyone help

john
      Welcome to Beagles john.
      To get all the info from Welcome that they have on you, you would need to send an SAR (Subject Access Request) here is a link Legal Beagles this explains everything and includes the letter template you write for the info.
      Hope this helps Enaid x

Comment

Originally posted by calamity jane View Post
        Welcome to Legal Beagles John.

Are you trying to claim on the PPI and they are refusing to pay out, or was it mis-sold?.

Once this is clarified, we will be able to advise you on how to proceed.

CJ
        I am trying to claim on the insurance but they are refusing to pay
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        Originally posted by enaid View Post
        Welcome to Beagles john.
        To get all the info from Welcome that they have on you, you would need to send an SAR (Subject Access Request) here is a link Legal Beagles this explains everything and includes the letter template you write for the info.
        Hope this helps Enaid x
        Thank you that is what I was looking for.

john
        Last edited by johnl69; 28th June 2009, 09:32:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Ok John, they are refusing to pay, have they said why?
          More than likely you will be able to reclaim the PPI as mis sold but we will have to wait and see what they come back with.
          Enaid x

Comment

Its kind of a long story so bare with me.

In april last year I took on a job on a temporary 6 months basis, during this time the union stepped in a said that it was unfair to us tempory workers because the company had no intentions of taking anyone on permenatly, so the union and the company came up with an agreement saying that us tempory workers would be given a permenat contract at the end of our temporary one and that we lose a weeks holiday,
            At the end of my 6 months the company said that because the UK was going into a recession that they would not be honouring the yet and asked for an extention on the agreement, our temporary contracts where extended for a further 3 months.
            At the end of that contract the company said that they still did not know whether or not they could fully honour the agreement and only gave permenat contracts to those workers that where coming up to a year mine agian was extended for 3 months.
            At the end of that contract the company stated that they were in financial difficulty (even though they declared £45 million in profit compared to £40 milion the quarter before) and would not be giving anymore permanents contracts so my employment was terminated after exactly 12 month employment.

So I have tried to claim on the PPI that I have for my mortgage and for the welcome load that is secured on my house, my mortgage insurance claim went through with no problems and they are paying me regular payments but the welcome PPI are refusing.

First they stated that because I was not in full time emoloyment that I was not entitled to claim which I fully understand and agree with, I called them and said that I knew that I was not on a permanent contract and that I thought I had a claim under section 12 part 11 of thier term and conditions which state:

section 12
            We will not pay benefit for unemployment in the following circumstances:

11 After the end of a fixed term contract which is not renewed, unless you;

a, worked continuously for the same employer for 24 months,or
            b, were on a contract for at least 12 months that had been renewed at least once, or
            c, were originally employed on a permanent basis by the same employer but were transfered to a fixed-term contract by the employer without a break in employment.

The person on the phone said that my temporary contract did not count as a fixed term contract so I sent them a copy of my original contract that stated that my employment was for 6month and at the bottom of the contract it stated that this contract would not lead to a permanent contract.

I have received a letter saying that agree about my contract being classed as a fixed term from what it say but they now say that the section that I though I could claim (section 12,part 11,b) means that my original contract must have been for longer then 12 months which isnt how it reads.

So now I am at a loss and dont know what steps to take next

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X