• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dorothy v the world

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorothy v the world

Well what can I say this is pure desperation - where do I start? How does this work? so much info (overload) How do I start? Do I have the time? where do I go from here?

Sorry if this is heavy duty stuff, but I'm THERE baby!!!
    Me, I'm 48, lived & work abroad most of my life, always had a bit of debt, always rented or lived in. 5 yrs ago I decided to try the settled ethos - ha!!! I bought a house gutted it (debt, debt , debt) & the the big RRR happened, as I result of that I got the other big RRRRR (redundancy) & of course once a heathy profit (if sold) on my house now in neg eq (with Northern Rock I may add) - OH deep JOY!!!
    Anyway I've been one of the lucky ones I've now got a really good job - EXACTLY where I planed to be 5 yrs ago. However (there's always a kick in the teeth some where!!) As a result of having to float myself and my large morgage/ debit/ CC/bills etc etc I was looking at reprosession.
    Be accertive dottie, Make a plan!!!! draw a line under this, nuggle down, no hols for at least the nx 6 yrs..... baaaldy baaldy baaaa
    So I went to a company called Byrom & Keeley who set up a debit payment management plan (you know guy's I know it's not the answer, put it certainly gave me some breathing space to get your head together & heal - join the real world again).
    1) The plan was I'd do debt management, but once I got enough up to date pay slips I'd go for the gov debt free 5 yr option. However now I'm at that option & realise I have to pay again to transfere, they are taking a large portion of the money I pay them & 5 month on I'm still getting hassling phone calls (Black horse & cita (once shell visa) who are taking the money from BK, but saying there not being contacted. And ALL including the ones that arn't hassling me, taking the money, sending me hugly grown statement, nasty letters AND still adding interest & late fees.
    2) I changed to Abby after beening with Yorkshire Bank for 24yrs - a few reasons, but mainly to have a branch near me. BIG mistake YB for all it's failings takes OD charges etc on the day that you OD, if you use a Debit card while shopping it immediatly comes out of your bank. Pop on the computer, cash point INSTANT know what you have. Not so Abby charges are 6 weeks in arrears on any charges, Debit card payments can take anything up to a week to reach your account, gosh money not avaiable now - this I only found out today. My point it doesn't need a distinition to work out I'm now in 5 months I'm FFFFF - coz every month I'm going to be overdrawn, as a result of the bank and my ignorance. Spoke to Abby - thier comment - it tells you on your statments - of course I havn't been getting them, like many organisations today I thought if you opted for the on line system you didn't get one, so didn't question it.
    But if that wasn't bad enough I've just made, I think, after reading this another massive booo boob (which is how I came to find YA ALL by the way) - of yesterday answering a phone call (which at the time thought was a gift from the 'looking after me god' - yes I have faith, so far in this life, I do have one of them) to horr of horrors Cento Client review. Sounded good to me, how do I know if I've been mis sold etc etc....... Unfortuantly like the drowning fool I am I gave them quite alot of personal info - thank god I drew the line at giving them a fee before thinking about it. Actually they DO make me laugh, fancy asking for a £149 payment from someone who has started to drive no more than 60 an hour to save money on petrol (sad to say, even at my age - I would have found a way - probably mummy & daddy (poor buggers) if I really believed it would turn this awful mess around.
    Anyway if your still there after all that 'poor IDOILT me' rabbleing .................................................. .... WHAT DO I do next - can't sell house, will be in more debt & still with rent have to pay the same propably more. Like I said any advice!!!! If I don't hear from anyone - thanks for letting me vent!!!!
    Yours Dorothy
    My fav quote " There is no right way - only choices"
    Last edited by dorothy10; 4th June 2009, 17:58:PM. Reason: spelling

Re: Calling all Members!

Hi dorothy10 and welcome to Legal Beagles.

Firstly I must say that you are not on your own and have come to the right place for help.

Can I firstly suggest that you try and seperate your claims into the relevant forum sections, by that I mean if you have a claim against Black Horse or they are hounding you, then you set up a thread relating to this. You may have been mis-sold a PPI policy or had charges applied to the account which we can look at reclaiming back for you.

If you start a new thread in here then re-post your original post from here by copying and pasting it we can make a start on getting things into some sort of order.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...splay.php?f=64

When you have done that if you could list all the people you owe money to and we can look at where to go from there.

If you need any help setting up a thread let me know and I will set one up for you.

Also have a read of the forum user guides here: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...play.php?f=149

Comment

Re: Dorothy v the world

Hi Dorothy

A very warm welcome to Legal Beagles.

We have a thread on Cento Client Review you may want to have a browse.
      http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ewpost&t=16630

Can you please let us know if you ever had any dealing with a company called loans.co,uk.

We will be pleased to help you with reclaiming what is yours and it is free. You may also qualify for hardship under the FSA hardship rules.

Take your time have a good look at our forums and if you need any help or advice just shout.

You might want to watch the BBC1 on Saturday morning 7am-9am it is all about companies like Cento.

Tuttsi

Tuttsi

Comment

Thank you so much for your quick & welcoming reply - VERY much appreicated. Speak to you soon hopefully once I get my head around what's on here - I must say I spent another while on here after - I think it's understanding how to navigate it that's a daubting.
        Anyway Chou for now Dottie

Comment

Originally posted by dorothy10 View Post
          Thank you so much for your quick & welcoming reply - VERY much appreicated. Speak to you soon hopefully once I get my head around what's on here - I must say I spent another while on here after - I think it's understanding how to navigate it that's a daubting.
          Anyway Chou for now Dottie
          It takes time to navigate around the site so take your time.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X