• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

car finance advice please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car finance advice please!

can anyone advise me? i have a mini which i got on a hire purchase agreement. i have been struggling to make the payments the last few months because i was made redundant after becoming pregnant. with the help of my husband i have just about managed to make the payments, however, some have been late (but always paid).

the car finance is with 'black horse finance' and they recently sent me an arrears statement, claiming that i am over £1,700 in arrears due to about 4 missed payments in the last year. i was on my honeymoon out of the country for 3 weeks when they sent this so was unaware of it and unable to do anything about it until i returned. also during this time they passed the debt to a company called 'close assistance'.

the only payment that i agree was outstanding was the payment due at the end of april. it was returned to my bank unpaid due to lack of funds in my account. however i do not agree that i have missed so many other payments. some may have been late but they were all paid. somebody from close assistance telephoned me the day i got back from honeymoon to talk about the debt. i explained the situation and said i would contact blackhorse myself to sort it out. i did just this. i made a a payment to them to cover the one i missed in april and i wrote to them regarding the other arrears.

despite this, i have received a letter from close assistance today threatening to repossess my car because i have "failed to respond to their efforts to make contact". the letter is dated 25th may, so was written and sent after i spoke to them on the 18th and after i made a payment to and contacted black horse.

what shall i do about this? are they really entitled to come and take my car? please help

leyla

Re: car finance advice please!

How much have you paid off so far?

Do you have your bank statements to prove you have not missed these payments?

Also, if I were you I'd send a Subject Access Request to Black Horse Legal Beagles

I would imagine Close Assistance are trying it on, but you could send them a letter from this thread Consumer Credit Agreements - A Guide - Legal Beagles see post #4.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X