• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Colly v Equita

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colly v Equita

hi im kind of new to all this so im hoping im doing this right!! Im a single mum of 2 that simply stoppd functioning for a few years due to personal problems and post natal depression. Im pleased to say im alot better now and trying to get debts that i was running away from all sorted and under control. The main one being council tax arrears from 4 years ago. It has been passed to Equita and iv been assigned a bailiff. Iv called him and left a message but he has not responded. Iv phoned Equita to set up a payment plan which was refused, Iv also spoken to the council in question to request they withdraw the order but they refused. What should i do? Iknow i dont have to let the bailiff in but should i answer the door if he comes round? Or talk through the door? What if a familly member answers the door, can he push past or does he have to ask for me and speak to me personally? Would i be better off going to my local court and filling in a N245 form to send the order back to the courts?? So many questions im really worried and scared! colly x

Re: Colly v Equita

Right, no more telephone calls. The bailiff is deliberately not answering the telephone to you so keep everything in writing from now on.

How much do you owe?

Equita will naturally refuse to offer you a payment plan - they are bailiffs and they want all the money from you and they want it now. They also do not want you dealing with the council and the council in turn will say the matter is in the hands of the bailiffs and cannot help you.

If you can pay, you should pay the council directly and eventually Equita will have no choice but to hand the debt back to the council.

Do not open the door at all to the bailiff. Read this guide for more information Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X