• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter from DWF on behalf of ASDA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from DWF on behalf of ASDA

I have received a letter from dwf recoveries team on behalf of Asda claiming £3125.00 this is saying value of goods stolen £3000 security costs £125.
    i have never been stopped or stolen goods from Asda & was definitely not in the store on the day they are saying the incident took place.
    my question is how did they get my name & address & how can they be claiming this money when I haven’t been approached or stopped in store. Also what can you steal that would amount to £3000?
    Tags: None

Most likely someone who was stopped in Asda gave your name and address, and told Asda they had no proof of ID with them. I too wonder what anyone could steal from Asda worth £3,000. It's also a suspiciously round number - EXACTLY £3,000?

I'm also rather surprised that for a theft supposedly that large Asda did not call the police, especially if the person had no ID proof.

However don't get involved with discussing those points. With Asda or DWF.

Normally we advise people to ignore these letters but I'm going to suggest otherwise in your case.

Firstly because it simply wasn't you. They have the wrong person because someone unknown to you has falsely given your identity. I would want to get that on record. And secondly because the large amount involved might result in Asda taking court action - something that virtually never happens with these letters.

Write to Asda Head Office (with a copy to DWF). Address it to the Chief Executive, attach a copy of the DWF letter. Get a free Proof of Posting and keep a copy of everything you send. Say what you said here. You are shocked and distressed by this false allegation. You weren't in the store that day, you have never been stopped or questioned in Asda. It appears that an unknown person has falsely given your name and address.

Asda must instruct DWF to delete all reference to your name and address from their records and confirm to you when that has been done.
    ​​​​
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X