• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Access to neighbouring land court form help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access to neighbouring land court form help

Hi there,

I'm looking for advice as to how to gain access to my neighbours land to do some repairs to our chimney and gable wall.

I'll try and keep it brief! Council have awarded us a grant to do repairs as we are low income. We own the house, it's a mid terrace. The surveyor and builders have both said that scaffolding needs to be across the back of both properties as access to their roof is needed to repoint the wall between us. Although we are adjoined, my house is about 1ft higher than theirs so we have a small gable end from their roof to the height of ours with a hole in it....letting in lots and lots of damp!

Neighbour flat our refused to sign a party wall agreement, so we got a surveyor to draw up a party wall award. Neighbour then refused to engage so we had to appoint them a surveyor too and now we have a party wall award that states we can do the work, it's necessary etc.

Neighbour then kicked off at us, screaming and shouting at us about us not going on their land and it's just tough, we'll have to let it rot....etc (logged with the police)

Surveyors have now advised we obtain a court order to enforce access. I spoke to a solicitor and that ranges from £900 to £15000....but I've read that I can do it myself, I just can't find what forms I need to use? Is it n244? And what do I need to include in it?

Many thanks!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X