• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Solicitors for the opposition recorded the hearing .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solicitors for the opposition recorded the hearing .

I was appalled when the solicitors for the other side recorded the hearing. I believe they live streamed also. They said they had permission and did not have to tell me. I was always led to believe all electronics had to be off in the court room.
    Tags: None

What type of hearing? Where?
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

You certainly cannot do that in Magistrates court. I am always telling people off for getting their phones out of their pockets!

Comment

Report them to HMCTS.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

The Hearings are normally recorded by the Courts, so unless they've sought permission from the Court, it's Contempt of Court.

Comment

Originally posted by mags View Post
            I was appalled when the solicitors for the other side recorded the hearing. I believe they live streamed also. They said they had permission and did not have to tell me. I was always led to believe all electronics had to be off in the court room.
            It was in a County Court.

Comment

I remind myself that the OP says that the solicitors said that they had permission. That is the thing to check.
              Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thank you, for the handbook.

Comment

I am in court on Friday, I will check if they have permission. I get the feeling they are communicating with a third party during the hearing.
                  Two hearings ago, the Judge asked the solicitor to send him a copy of her notes to his email address later. Everything he told me to do at that hearing was omitted from the order, as if it had never been said.
                  I find that behaviour very unfair.

Comment

I am in court on Friday, I will check if they have permission. I get the feeling they are communicating with a third party during the hearing.
                    Two hearings ago, the Judge asked the solicitor to send him a copy of her notes to his email address later. Everything he told me to do at that hearing was omitted from the order, as if it had never been said.
                    I find that behaviour very unfair.
                    You can complain about the Judge's conduct.

https://www.complaints.judicialcondu...akeacomplaint/

Comment

Hi I am at my wits end. regarding my post about the Judge refusing to look at my evidence, Tomorrow at 10 am the Judge will give everything I have away to the 3 banks who have lied and delayed me from paying. I will have let my family down and will not be able to face them I have fought and won but they lied right at the end. I cannot believe I cannot get a gov agency the court or anyone else to help me.
                      Delete this if you want to it wont matter tomorrow.

Comment

Hi I am at my wits end. regarding my post about the Judge refusing to look at my evidence, Tomorrow at 10 am the Judge will give everything I have away to the 3 banks who have lied and delayed me from paying. I will have let my family down and will not be able to face them I have fought and won but they lied right at the end. I cannot believe I cannot get a gov agency the court or anyone else to help me.
                        Delete this if you want to it wont matter tomorrow.
                        Write to your MP - https://members.parliament.uk/FindYourMP

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X