• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Personal Injury - Pain and Suffering calculation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Injury - Pain and Suffering calculation

Hello,

Can anyone advise accurately regarding how pain and suffering is calculated in a personal injury claim.

The claim is liability accepted, and has caused long term chronic condition.

I am not looking at the general damages side of things as this is clear, but what is not clear is how PASL is calculated.

Are there algorithms applied relative to general damages, as this seems to be the case on google searches in the states but very little comes up for the UK.

Thansk,
    Tags: None

The Judicial College Guidelines is the starting point for PI claims in the UK.

The 17th edition was issued in April this year, but does not seem to be available on line.
    The latest I can find is the 10th edition (https://www.rcsolicitors.co.uk/site-...ages-guide.pdf) which is going to be well out of date.
    I would recommend you consult a PI solicitor

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      The Judicial College Guidelines is the starting point for PI claims in the UK.

The 17th edition was issued in April this year, but does not seem to be available on line.
      The latest I can find is the 10th edition (https://www.rcsolicitors.co.uk/site-...ages-guide.pdf) which is going to be well out of date.
      I would recommend you consult a PI solicitor
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Simonbanks View Post

Thanks
        Just looked at this guide and it states damages, so I assume this is Pain and Suffering compensation amounts and not general damages?

Comment

Just looked at this guide and it states damages, so I assume this is Pain and Suffering compensation amounts and not general damages?
          Correct, but only guidelines for a starting point
          Each case is assessed on its own merits

Comment

Correct, but only guidelines for a starting point
            Each case is assessed on its own merits
            Thanks DES8. I also looked online for the updated guidelines but couldn't find them, which doesn't really help people re today's changes taking into account inflation etc, but par for the course re legal documents I feel.

From your experience how would "chronic migraine" be classified on the old scale, where records show 8 or more days of migraines per month, and other days with head aches with only a few "clear days" as per the Walton Centre Head Ache Diary.

Comment

Thanks DES8. I also looked online for the updated guidelines but couldn't find them, which doesn't really help people re today's changes taking into account inflation etc, but par for the course re legal documents I feel.

From your experience how would "chronic migraine" be classified on the old scale, where records show 8 or more days of migraines per month, and other days with head aches with only a few "clear days" as per the Walton Centre Head Ache Diary.
              Sorry, but just do not know the answer.
              Really do suggest you book a consultation with a solicitor experienced in PI cases.
              You won't need to instruct him to negotiate for you, and a one off appointment could be well worth your while

Comment

Sorry, but just do not know the answer.
                Really do suggest you book a consultation with a solicitor experienced in PI cases.
                You won't need to instruct him to negotiate for you, and a one off appointment could be well worth your while
                OK thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X