• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Applied for extension to file defence and a hearing has been set - now in limbo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applied for extension to file defence and a hearing has been set - now in limbo

Hello everyone

So I had an unless order where criteria were stipulated for both the claimant and myself that had to be met. My defence had to be in today. If not filed the claimant can request judgment by default.

At the beginning of the week I asked for an extension. The office didn't get the decision until this morning. Today I have been told there is a hearing next week about it when the judge will decide.

1. Can the other party still be granted judgment by default if they request it when there is a hearing pending?
    Tags: None

Hi DAZED.COM

Welcome to LB

Get your Defence in, email it to the Court and the Claimant.

Add a covering letter with evidence, that you sought an extension, but the Court didn't read it until this morning.

They can try, but I'm not sure they would get especially if you get your Defence in.

Comment

If I am not able to get my defence in today what happens if at the hearing the judge decides not to give an extension (as I obviously haven't filed defence by the date specified on order)?
      Last edited by Dazed.com; 21st June 2024, 13:47:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazed.com View Post
        If I am not able to get my defence in today what happens if at the hearing the judge decides not to give an extension (as I obviously haven't filed defence by the date specified on order)?
        That really depends on what the Judge decides to do, you have to wait for the Hearing to find out.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X