• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can I ask the CC judge to not disclose confidential information?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I ask the CC judge to not disclose confidential information?

I am looking to file N244 requesting adjournment, but the reasons behind is a confidential information that I am not allowed to disclose. Of course providing this info to the judge is possible but if it gets out it will be an issue. Is there a way to request and assure this information is kept from other party with more reassurance than just ''its up to the judge''.?

Thank you
    Tags: None

Is this the case in your other thread, or is this something else?

Can you give a general indication of the nature of the confidential information?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Different case, but when they come, they come in bulk!

Umm, i don't even know how to do that... open criminal investigation where there isnt even a crime ref no

Comment

I think it unlikely that a judge will accept this. The other party is entitled to know the reasons for any decision the judge makes.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
          I think it unlikely that a judge will accept this. The other party is entitled to know the reasons for any decision the judge makes.
          I think my 1st question should have been, how much do i need to disclose? Would just saying im involved in 2 open criminal investigations as a v/w, without having to give out details of those cases be accepted?

Comment

Why is that a reason to adjourn? That is what you will need to get across.

Comment

Maybe you atticus can help me out here, as I just received the aplicants witness statement. He amended his claim and what he has stated he is suing me now for doesn't seem like something you should be able to sue for. I just want to confirm if I'm just going crazy or he is.
              I was in a fault accident in 2022. Didnt hear anything until for almost 2 years until I was served. Originally he was suing me for his vehicles loss in value due to the accident.
              but now it appears he is suing me for what his insurance paid out for repairs & storage + excess. So his insurance paid to him for repairs and now he wants that money for me to pay to him??

Help! I'm questioning my sanity

Comment

Yes, that's right. In reality it is probably the insurance company suing in the other party's name, seeking to get their outlay back from you. Pass the claim to your insurer.

Comment

If it was the insurance, I would understand, but it isn't. It's the owner of the vehicle.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X