• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parkingeye and vehicle loan car form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parkingeye and vehicle loan car form

Long story short, I parked on a staff only car park (apparently) at my local hospital. At the time I was using a loan car from the dealership that my car was being repaired at, I'd signed the "loan vehicle out" form and there is no disputing that I had the car at the relevant time.
    As I had paid the parking fee and the fact that it wasn't clearly marked as a staff car park I disputed the fine.
    Apart from parkingeye presenting false evidence ( sent photos of a marked barrier with warning signs that's no longer their) they also sent a "return loan form" for the car provided by the dealership signed in, not by me, but with a forged signature .
    Just wondering what the legal position on this is and what action, if any, I should take ?
    Tags: None

You state you disputed the charge (it is not a fine).
    Whilst disputing it presumably you identified yourself as the driver.

You may have a case for defending a court claim based on poor signage, especially if you can convince the court that there was no barrier.
    Besides the missing sign there may be other problems with the signs ... can you post up legible photos of the signs and your Parking Charge notice?

However ParkingEye rarely slip up

Comment

Wouldn't a "return loan form" be a form signed by the garage confirming when you returned their loan car?

But anyway I don't think the issue of the "return loan form" is significant. Nothing relating to this parking charge depends on it because you don't dispute that you had the car at the date/time of the alleged parking infringement.
      Last edited by PallasAthena; 2nd April 2024, 15:19:PM.
      All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post

You state you disputed the charge (it is not a fine).
        Whilst disputing it presumably you identified yourself as the driver.

You may have a case for defending a court claim based on poor signage, especially if you can convince the court that there was no barrier.
        Besides the missing sign there may be other problems with the signs ... can you post up legible photos of the signs and your Parking Charge notice?

However ParkingEye rarely slip up
        Nope I haven't identified myself as the driver but I will attempt to post images. This isn't really the point I'm trying to get to though, Has the garage committed an offence by signing a legally binding form in my name were it states customer signature ?

Comment

Originally posted by PallasAthena View Post
          Wouldn't a "return loan form" be a form signed by the garage confirming when you returned their loan car?

But I don't think the issue of the "return loan form" is significant. Nothing relating to this parking charge depends on it because you don't dispute that you had the car at the date/time of the alleged parking infringement.
          Not unduly worried about the parking charge, my point is is it illegal for the garage to forge my signature were it states customer signature on the return form.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannu View Post
            Long story short, I parked on a staff only car park (apparently) at my local hospital. At the time I was using a loan car from the dealership that my car was being repaired at, I'd signed the "loan vehicle out" form and there is no disputing that I had the car at the relevant time.
            As I had paid the parking fee and the fact that it wasn't clearly marked as a staff car park I disputed the fine.
            Apart from parkingeye presenting false evidence ( sent photos of a marked barrier with warning signs that's no longer their) they also sent a "return loan form" for the car provided by the dealership signed in, not by me, but with a forged signature .
            Just wondering what the legal position on this is and what action, if any, I should take ?
            The attached is from parkingeyes defence stating that this orange barrier box and notice is at the entrance, it isn't, its been removed, the file I have of the current view is too large to upload

Attached Files

Comment

Do you mean it is your name in the signature space in someone else's handwriting? Or someone else's name, eg an employee of the garage?

I'm failing to see how this is relevant to the parking charge. What disadvantage have you suffered if the signature isn't yours?
              All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Managed to resize, this is what it looks like now
                Attached Files

Comment

The Forgery & Counterfeiting Act 1981 defines forgery thus:

"A person is guilty of forgery if he makes a false instrument, with the intention that he or another shall use it to induce somebody to accept it as genuine, and by reason of so accepting it to do or not to do some act to his own or any other person’s prejudice".

How does the garage's action prejudice you?
                  I do not see it as illegal.

Comment

This is a google image of when it was clear it was a staff car park with orange barrier and notice which clearly isn't in my latest photo
                    Attached Files

Comment

Managed to resize, this is what it looks like now
                      How about making parking eye believe that I was driving the vehicle at said time ? I would not have had an issue if they had presented the loan car out form with my signature on it

Comment

Originally posted by PallasAthena View Post
                        Do you mean it is your name in the signature space in someone else's handwriting? Or someone else's name, eg an employee of the garage?

I'm failing to see how this is relevant to the parking charge. What disadvantage have you suffered if the signature isn't yours?
                        The parking isn't relevant at all is the fact that someone from the garage has signed a unidentified name above my printed name stating that I returned the vehicle

Comment

The garage would have been sent a Parking Charge Notice, which requests the recipient advises PE of the borrower's identity.
                          They have complied to a lawful request, perhaps in a rather slapdash manner, but IMO that's all

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                            The garage would have been sent a Parking Charge Notice, which requests the recipient advises PE of the borrower's identity.
                            They have complied to a lawful request, perhaps in a rather slapdash manner, but IMO that's all

Yes I would agree, would have been much happier if they had submitted the form that I actually signed and not the one signed in my name which I believe to be a fraudulent action *♂️
                            On another point is it a lawful request if this is a private civil matter?

Comment

On another point is it a lawful request if this is a private civil matter?
                              Yes, The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA2012) actually makes provision for the parking company to make such a request at Schedule 4 (9) (2) (e) (ii)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X