• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Companies House Striking Off Application.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Companies House Striking Off Application.

    Hello all, I am new here and was directed to this Forum via a Google search.

    My daughter bought a car from a local dealer, a Limited Company, outside of the warrenty the clutch failed and she took it back to the dealer for repair. He fitted a new clutch but within two days the car stopped running, the dealer colected the car and diagnosed as an ECU fault wish prevented the car starting and fitted a replacement ECU.
    This did not cure the problem so the dealer took the car to another mechanics workshop, as they could not find the problem the dealer took it to another garage who eventually found the fault was a damaged gear box caused by the incorrect fitting of the clutch. The garage issued a bill of 430 which my daughter paid,
    We have asked the original dealer to reimburse my daughter and put the car in working order, he is coming up with excuse after excuse and after some 6 months the car is still not running.
    We have since found that the dealer has submitted a Striking Off Aplication and is now trading under another title.
    My question is how do we as private individuals request Companies House to delay the application until the matter is resolved as we fear that if he stops trading then we will never get the issue sorted.

    My apologies if this is a bit long winded, all any any advice would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Contact Companies House: write or email with details of your objections.

    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now in academia. I do not advise by private message.

    Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf


    • #3
      Thank you for responding Atticus, I did mail them then phoned them but unfortunately Companies House were not a great deal of help, thier emphasis seemed to be a trader in dispute with another trader!


      • #4
        Follow the link below if you want to object.

        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.


        View our Terms and Conditions

        LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

        If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

        If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.