• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restriction on Property Title for house

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AMG2505
    started a topic Restriction on Property Title for house

    Restriction on Property Title for house

    Hi All,

    Many years ago, we had a loan with Northern Rock, which when they went busted we still had a debt of around £3k, we tried to pay it but it all got messy with different companies claiming to own the debt, anyone we then just out of no-where received a notification by the Land Registry that a charge had been placed against our property, we had not been invited to submit a defence, we tried to raise an objection but were closed down. No one over the years has been in contact to discuss what is owed, and to be honest we have no idea. Anyway we are looking to sell our property and I ran a check on the Land Registry site to find this.

    RESTRICTION: No disposition of the registered
    estate, other than a disposition by the proprietor of
    4 2009-05-05
    any registered charge registered before the entry
    of this restriction, is to be registered without a
    certificate signed by the applicant for registration
    or their conveyancer that written notice of the
    disposition was given to Northern Roack plc at care
    of Wallers Solicitors, Merchant House, 30 Cloth
    Market, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 1EE (reference
    Green/AL/V6710), being the person with the
    benefit of an interim charging order on the
    beneficial interest of XXXXXXX made
    by the Gateshead County Court on 22 April 2009
    (Court reference 9GH0991).

    The other question I have, the debt is against me personally, yet the house is in my name and my wifes, I didnít think they could do this.

    Any advice would be very welcome, ideally I need to get it removed
    Tags: None

  • atticus
    Read the wording of the restriction. On sale of the house, write to the address given to notify that fact. That is all that needs to be done: instruct your solicitor to do this.

    DE DOGS for info.

    Leave a comment:

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.