• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Solicitor error over 3yrs ago

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solicitor error over 3yrs ago

I was left money by a friend and my son was left in trust 2019 £ 36,999 I was given a cheque of £ 9,948 then I recievelty got a trust account for my son with a building society but the solicitor put the cheque to be transferred as £33,77 I've questioned it!! The solicitor are saying unfortunately a error was made and it should if been £ 8,948 and the took it from my son trust, I was never given a break down or recipient or informed about the error so what are my rights? They was over 3yrs ago so I feel i should of at least been sent a letter regarding the error on cheque
    Tags: None

My email

Please accept this as my formal written complaint and these are the areas of concern, I wish you to address as a matter of urgency.

would appear that you have initially taken a percentage from the total estate owing to **** in trust at the point of probate being granted of £1205.23.

**** was left a. 25% share of ***** estate = £36,999
    However, at this point the sum was stated £35,793.77.
    Now the closing cheque has reduced even further down to £33,777.07.
    A total loss for **** of £3221.93 with no explanation why.
    You stated in your letter that the account was together with interest credited.
    There is no communication to state all these losses.

When I asked **** about the interest, she laughed at me and was incredibly rude and unhelpful. Still no communication as to where these figures were coming from.
    2.At no point was I informed of any charges or given a breakdown or price list of services you would charge for. Neither have I ever agreed or signed for services with yourselves as I found the behavior and professionalism of your colleague*** to be rude and of a bullying nature. This was especially apparent when also talking to ***** n 2020. This caused total mistrust with ***** Solicitors and was the reason why I chose a banking option for **** instead.
    3.I have come to the conclusion that **** be retired as trustee of ***** ’s Trust. As discussed with **** over the phone on Friday 9th March 2024, *** will speak to **** to have him removed at no charge. To be discussed further.
    After the conversation on Friday this is when I was informed about charges regarding **** & **** which I was unaware of and fully dispute.
    ****** did apologize for there being no invoice, receipt or breakdown of these charges but would put one together. Hardly a legitimate course of action here I believe.

I would like an explanation from start to finish of the losses incurred from £36999 down to £33777.07.
    I understand there are usually charges, so I feel what has been taken from the original grant of probate of £1205 is all that should have been charged here. Leaving £35793.77 to be placed in trust for ****

I require the difference you seem to have taken of, £2016.07 plus any interest to be put in a cheque to go back into *****s trust.

To take money for so called services out of a trust over offering a payment option to myself has me looking for advice and seeking further instruction via the ombudsman. As discussed with **** will wait for your response before taking this further.

Comment

Now apparently I was given the wrong amount on cheque and that's why the sum if my son's trust had decreased ? Where do I stand ? I was never given abreak down or any receipt

Comment

When did you send your email?
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

On 18th March so this week

Comment

Have you considered allowing them time to respond? Take a look at the firm's complaints procedure - ask for this if you have not sen it.
            Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thank you for replying I just was wondering where I stand with this situation and is it worth fighting for ? Its so hard as I don't understand the complexity but my gut Is telling me its wrong

Comment

You need facts, an explanation that you can assess and evaluate.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X