• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Serving S21

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serving S21

Hello there, I am interested to know, if the Form 6A (S21) was left on the table inside the property during an agreed visit to the Tenant at the Property, whether the Form 6A will be deem as served and would be required as evidence? Also, the Tenant had signed and dated another document during this visit.

As on the Certificate of Service I would like to know which option should be selected, please?
    Tags: None

Why was the notice not handed directly to the tenant? The fact that he may have signed something else is neither here nor there.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

It was not handed to him as he wanted it via email. and it was left on the table. Hence, my question, please

Comment

I don't believe that S21 prescribes a specific way to serve the notice, other than the notice needs to be in writing. Therefore email or hand delivery would be acceptable. The potential snag with hand delivery notices is that the tenant could plead ignorance and say that it was never served or received and, in the absence of the tenant acknowledging receipt, the court might require you to prove that you did in fact serve it on the date in question.

By the same token, the newer document signed by the tenant (assuming it was a s21 notice) may be taken to be the date of notice if you cannot prove the earlier notice, and may impact your right of possession if you have started legal proceedings prematurely.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

And here the notice was not given to the tenant but simply left on a table.

Why not (a) post another freshly dated one and (b) send it by email as requested?
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
            And here the notice was not given to the tenant but simply left on a table.

Why not (a) post another freshly dated one and (b) send it by email as requested?
            Sorry for not replying sooner - I have since a Section 21 (3 months later!) more to follow.

Comment

Thank you for all the replies - very helpful. A section 21 had been served, the tenant has told me is not paying this month's rent.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X