• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ United Utilites

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ United Utilites

Hi

If I'm issued with a CCJ due to an issue with money owed to United Utilities will I still be able to enter into a payment plan with them. Will it still stay with them as long as do not default on payments>
    Tags: None

You can ask for a Payment Plan, if you have difficulties paying, they should help -

https://www.unitedutilities.com/my-a...ing-your-bill/

Contact them, update the thread.

Comment

Thanks for your response. I decided not to attend the hearing as I thought I was bang to rights and would have to accept the CCJ and come to arrangement. I have had a response from the court saying 'Claim Dismissed' . Im slightly confused?

Comment

Originally posted by Leslie48 View Post
        Thanks for your response. I decided not to attend the hearing as I thought I was bang to rights and would have to accept the CCJ and come to arrangement. I have had a response from the court saying 'Claim Dismissed' . Im slightly confused?
        They've dismissed United Utilities CCJ claim. So looks like nothing to pay, but double check with the Court.

Well done if that's correct.

Comment

Thank you again for taking time to response. I will check with them. UU contacted both parties (well I presume they did as I got a copy) saying they will not be attending. I contacted them the day before the case (typical bury head in the sand) saying I'd like to come to a payment plan which quite rightly they said they werent looking to do as the case is tomorrow. At the last minute I realised it would be a wasted trip to the court so thought I'll take it on the chin. Letter back from the court is a one line response. UU V my name - claim dismissed

Comment

Thank you again for taking time to response. I will check with them. UU contacted both parties (well I presume they did as I got a copy) saying they will not be attending. I contacted them the day before the case (typical bury head in the sand) saying I'd like to come to a payment plan which quite rightly they said they werent looking to do as the case is tomorrow. At the last minute I realised it would be a wasted trip to the court so thought I'll take it on the chin. Letter back from the court is a one line response. UU V my name - claim dismissed
            Because they didn't attend, they've wasted the Courts time, so it's been 'dismissed'.

If you ever feel like burying your head' about something, just post on the forum, someone will have advice for you.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

Because they didn't attend, they've wasted the Courts time, so it's been 'dismissed'.

If you ever feel like burying your head' about something, just post on the forum, someone will have advice for you.
              Thank you again. I will definitely use this form for support. I could hardly find anything about what to do as a defendant on line. I suppose next question should I contact them to come up with a plan or can they not apply to the courts again? Seems to say they can appeal if they believe the judge acted illegally. Thanks for all your advice

Comment

Thank you again. I will definitely use this form for support. I could hardly find anything about what to do as a defendant on line. I suppose next question should I contact them to come up with a plan or can they not apply to the courts again? Seems to say they can appeal if they believe the judge acted illegally. Thanks for all your advice
                I would leave it as it is.

They made the effort to lodge a claim with the Courts, but refused your attempts to set up a payment plan, then decided not to attend Court. They can try to Appeal, but the costs might be 'prohibitive', probably more then you owe. If they contact you, just update the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

I would leave it as it is.

They made the effort to lodge a claim with the Courts, but refused your attempts to set up a payment plan, then decided not to attend Court. They can try to Appeal, but the costs might be 'prohibitive', probably more then you owe. If they contact you, just update the thread.
                  Thanks I will do and thank you again

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X