• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Police PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police PCN

Hi could anyone help with a police PCN issued for swearing once at a neighbour?
    Tags: None

What exactly have you received? A set fine? Charge was?

Comment

Yes a set fine. Charge was for disorder.

Comment

Also- the neighbours cctv evidence used was 6 weeks old and there have been some long standing issues (2 years worth) that have occurred with the neighbour. The police officer did not turn up in a police car and parked away from my home and had no interest in anything I had to say. Advising me I was going to court at the front door.

Comment

Don't know much about these but found this: A Penalty Notice for Disorder is a type of fixed penalty notice that is available in England and Wales for a specified range of penalty offences. They are a simple and swift way for officers to deal with low level, anti-social and nuisance behaviour, such as littering, wasting police time, and being drunk and disorderly.

Once the notice has been issued the person must either pay the amount shown or request a hearing within 21 days, details of which are shown on the back of the notice.

The notices are intended to free up police officers' time from dealing with such behaviour (i.e. preparing statements and appearing at court). The officer will either give the offender a notice at the scene of the incident or in some cases when they are in custody; it is still a more efficient method of dealing with the offender than charging them. It can even be given weeks after the event if the circumstances are appropriate.

The notices can only be given if the offender agrees to have the matter dealt with in this way. Once they have agreed, a fine of £60 or £90, depending on the tier of offence (please see the link in Related Information), will be issued. The incentive for the alleged offender to 'pay-up' is that no criminal conviction or admission of guilt is associated with payment of the penalty. If the offender fails to pay the PND, then the fine will be increased and eventually a warrant will be issued.

If the offender refuses the PND, then the case will proceed as normal to the courts. If found guilty, however, this will be recorded as a criminal conviction.

https://www.askthe.police.uk/view-ca...b-000d3ad57443

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I’m aware of all of this already. Just wondered if there is anyone on here that has a legal insight into these things?

Comment

Well I do in that it would be the kind of court I sit in which would hear the case if you went not guilty....

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X