• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UKPC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKPC

Hi everyone.
    I am hoping I may be able to receive some much needed advice on a PCN from September 2023. I deliver vehicles all over the UK as my main job. The hours are awful and the job extremely demanding, but it pays the Bills. Last September, I was in Edinburgh at a local auction to pick up 2 cars for a customer. Time was against me and I asked one of my colleagues if he would deliver one of the cars for me and I would duly pay him. This fitted well, as he needed to get back to Durham and by taking the car to nearby Sunderland, not only was he saving on train fare, but he would also be paid for the job. I only know this guy through seeing him at the auctions and similar. He, like most of us, is self employed and obviously sorts his own finances. I knew he was genuine as he showed me his insurance and his trade plates. Anyway, he delivered the vehicle as expected and that was that. I have only seen this chap once since last September, as I think he is now semi-retired. I was absolutely gobsmacked when I recently received a PCN from UKPC daed originally back to September 2023. I know it was not me and I can only assume it was the guy who dekivered the vehicle for me. I am at a complete loss as what to do. This is the first I have heard about the charge. I have no idea where this guy lives to forward details and his mobile number is not the same as it was back then. They are asking for £60, but it is not my violation. The reg clearly shows it is the car I gave him to deliver for me. Unfortunately for me I just do not have any address details for him. Is there anything I can do to stop these people from escalating this and directing it back to me? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank You.
    Tags: None

Could you please post up a copy of the PCN, first removing name & address and reg number and PCN reference number, but leave in all dates and times

Comment

Hi. Thank you for getting back to me. I have been asked provide dates from the PCN, I will do that gladly. The date of the PCN letter to me is 08-02-24. The script on the notice reads as follow. "The vehicle was parked on our client's private property at ---------------- (Edingburgh), from 18-09-23 - 05:14, until 18-09-23 - 05:25. The vehicle was present on site during the restricted no parking period." It was seemingly parked on private property for 11 minutes. As mentioned, I cannot locate the guy who was driving the vehicle as his mobile number has changed and I do not have his address. I am becoming really anxious about this, as I don't want Bailiffs calling, but I shouldn't have to pay a fine for something that wasn't my making. Thank you for this.

Comment

Agree you shouldn't have to pay, and hopefully you won't, but we do need to see a full copy of the PCN.
        Post it (suitably redacted) on a hosting site like Imgur and put a link on here

Comment

Thank you for the replies. I will take all advice seriously as I need this to hopefully go away.
          I am actually waiting for another ticket to come from one of the drivers I do some work with. He parked just outside the Forth Road Bridge on his way to Aberdeen from Durham for 15 mins while he went to a cashpoint. (it was out of order so he went to a service station one) and he was told from a security guy he would be receiving a parking ticket. I thik we are stuck with this one as the registered keeper was in England. However, that was over 2 months ago and no PCN as yet. Do they have a ime limit as to how long they have to contact the driver and what if the driver cannot be located? Sorry for the cryptic questioning. I just hate the petty ways they catch people. This was a guy wanting some money to pay at Greggs of all placs, as their card machine wasn't working. He then runs to a wall cash machine that isn't working and all for a cheese and onion pasty. It's going to be a costly brekky if we can't get him a legal loophole.

Comment

Please start a separate thread for the second PCN so that we can avoid confusion.

Whatever you do , DO NOT IDENTIFY THE DRIVER TO THE PARKING COMPANY OR ON HERE for any PCN

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X