• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How do you fire a solicitor over whose appointment you had no control...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you fire a solicitor over whose appointment you had no control...?

I don't want to give too much personal info, but I have been held hostage by the Court of Protection for almost 4½ years (I have PTSD from an abusive relationship, I went to my GP for help, ended up sectioned (no mental illness diagnosed) and then this nightmare began. I have since seen 2 consultant psychiatrists who've deemed that I do not lack mental capacity and that the MCA was unlawfully applied).

The CoP assigned me a solicitor. She is doing NOTHING to help me. I have heard from her just 3 times in 4 years. She KNOWS I have PTSD and she KNOWS what effect my current situation is having on my physical and mental health (I am a literal prisoner; I am not allowed to leave the flat, and staff control everything, including my food. I am not allowed to buy food, staff have stopped my benefits, and they've taken my phone).

I can't go to the Ombudsman because I am not getting any response from either her or her firm's complaints department, at least not beyond an automated reply. It's just complete radio silence - whilst I'm stuck here living in fear (this is worse than the relationship I escaped, because at least I was able to escape that. I can't escape this. I'm trapped here and I'm SCARED.

I don't even have an IMCA.

I need to get rid of her so that I can appoint a solicitor of my choosing who will approach this from a human rights perspective.

Can you help...? Can you signpost...? If it matters, I'm in Bristol.
    Tags: None

Hi COPHOSTAGE

Welcome to LB

It's difficult for you, but stay calm.

Have you written to your MP?

this is exactly what they are here to help with.

You shouldn't feel like a hostage, especially when you need help and care.

Comment

Is this solicitor a court appointed Deputy?
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X