• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Challenging Charge certificate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenging Charge certificate

I parked on Town road Edmonton N9 City which is marked with white parking bays permitting parking on the pavement. I parked my vehicle late at night within I understood to be an empty parking bay, (the only available parking space on that road at that time). It was late at night therefore dark and dimly lit and didn't see any clear road markings or disabled sign posts or other signage preventing me from parking in the empty space. I understand this is an advisory parking bay and not a designated disabled parking bay as it doesn't have an associated disabled sign next to it and so, anyone can park there within reason and is not enforceable. There were no designated disabled signs or prohibitory signage next to or in the vicinity of the parking space. As it was the only space available and no signs saying otherwise, not knowing it was a disabled bay, I parked in the space as to the best of my knowledge I had the right to do so. I've parked on this road many times and not received any tickets.
    A pcn from Enfield council was issued on the vehicle 16/7/23 and subsequently a notice to owner dated 16/8/23 and a charge certificate dated 12/12/23. I have a number of medical conditions including osteo arthritis in both knees, degenerative discs in my back and hereditary heart condition so I haven't been able to deal with the matter expediently. I submitted an appeal to the charge certificate on 27/12/23 but this was rejected on the grounds that I failed to lodge an appeal within the statutory time limit the sum now owing is £195. It goes on to say There is no formal right to appeal once a charge certificate has been issued, therefore an appeal cannot be considered. This letter was dated 29/1/24. Received on 30/1/24. The council are demanding payment of £195 or they will register the outstanding penalty charge at Northampton county Court and I'll receive a order for recovery.
    Am I able to challenge this unfair charge ? Any help and advice would be very much appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X