• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moneybarn ignoring emails threatening action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moneybarn ignoring emails threatening action

Hi. I have absolutely no experience with this so hoping someone can help me.

I took out car finance with moneybarn in 2020. Unlucky for me I lost my job due to COVID and couldn't afford the repayments after a few months so I arranged a termination of my HP agreement and moneybarn took the car back from me.

Now as I understand it early termination of the HP agreement means I still have to pay back the amount owed minus the interest? This is currently around £7,300 as an outstanding balance.

Moneybarn agreed a repayment plan with me and it was fine up until when I missed a couple of payments due to illness the last few months.

The payment plan was cancelled and moneybarn said I needed to contact them again to setup a new one. Now, I've been trying to do this via email as I suffer with bad anxiety they made the notes on my account I can communicate via email due to my condition.

The last email from them was asking me to redo an income and expenditure form and send it back so I could setup the payment plan again, I sent this back on February 1st 2024. I've since sent about 4 or emails asking them about if this is setup now etc and all have been ignored.

They've also been sending me emails and texts saying I need to contact them asap about my account or they may consider taking legal action. I've been trying to contact them but they've been ignoring.

What's the worst case scenario here? I do not want baliffs at my door threatening to take my possessions as I'm trying to make Comms to sort a payment plan but seems like I'm being ignored.

Can moneybarn just ignore my emails and take my to court or? As it feels like they are ingoring me on purpose in order to take legal action?

Any help appreciated..thanks
    Tags: None

Hi Jamie

Welcome to LB

If they've asked you to set up a payment plan and they are ignoring your emails lodge a formal complaint. They will have a complaints procedure on their website, follow that, when you get a final response / deadlock letter if you still remain unhappy, lodge a complaint with the FOS.

https://www.moneybarn.com/about-us/f...nd-complaints/

Moneybarn has to pay, if the FOS looks into your complaint.

Update when you get a response.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X