• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can i still get caught

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i still get caught

Hi

I shoplifted few weeks ago from home bargins and bnm i feel so ashamed about it i just been going through a hard time and it was my kids birthday and i didnt want them have nothing

I didnt get caught but could i still get caught ??
    i have read that i could and it can be up to 4 years after the incident and the police can just come and arrest you

Im real worried i no i shouldnt off done it but my head wasnt in a right place
    Tags: None

des8 i have seen you have helped alot off people on here could i ask for your advise

Comment

If you were not stopped at the time by security or other members of staff then the police will not be coning after you.

So please do not worry.

If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
      If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

ULA Thankyou for getting back to me

I have read they have a camera security team ( Loss prevention) that go through camera footage daily/weekley to check cctv

So im just worring if they look through or have watched me do it and i just end up having a summons through the post

Comment

Originally posted by emilyjohnson View Post
          ULA Thankyou for getting back to me

I have read they have a camera security team ( Loss prevention) that go through camera footage daily/weekley to check cctv

So im just worring if they look through or have watched me do it and i just end up having a summons through the post
          Gosh, they must spend a fortune if they trawl through goodness knows how many CCTV streams daily!

Nothing is coming your way.
          The police do not just turn up on your doorstep to make an arrest for minor shoplifting.
          They would make contact to interview you first, but that's not going to happen

Comment

des8 okay thankyou i did think with how many stores home bargins and bnm have how would they look through it all
            just google says alot off things that they can find you a year to three years later after the incident and still charge you

What are the Loss prevention then do they look at footage if they are sent it to investigate ???

Comment

Loss Prevention is just the term used to minimize losses from such things as spills and wastage during manufacture.
              In the retail world it extends to trying to prevent losses through "shrinkage" (ie losses from working errors or theft)
              Firms employ security systems to identify the sources of shrinkage so they can be dealt with.
              It is not all about shoplifters, and the chances of picking you up 3 years down the line are vanishingly small (unless you are prolific and never cease !! )

Comment

Okay so if they did a stock count and found some items missing they wouldnt go and look through cctv , would it be if a staff member thinks somebody is suspicious they look at the camera ?

How google word it is like they watch cctv all day and go through it and look for suspicious actions and then look into it so thats why i have been worring

Comment

You appear to have used your own personal name as your username which, when you register, we advise that you do not do as this is a public forum.

I strongly advise if you want to continue receiving advice that you change your username.
                  If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

ULA h9w do you do this

Comment

Contact the admin team admin@legalbeagles.info ask then to change your username to whatever you now want it to be.

Comment

ULA okay thankyou

Comment

Rather strange how - every month or so - a new member comes on here saying I shoplifted, feels guilty and speaks about anxiety and more anxiety, worry , guilt feelings, about cameras and possible prosecution, police and so on...In counselling its called 'off-loading'

Two new posts, new members in Dec 21 - 24 last yr: ''I was caught in Primark' then ''I was caught in Waitrose'' ...the same phantom lifter

Cant help wonder if there is a connection, same, same, same... v strange.

Anyway, as we always say, 'please don't worry'
                          Last edited by girlatwork10; 4th February 2024, 19:58:PM. Reason: must be careful not .... to be pc

Comment

girlatwork10

Hi

I only joined yesterday so i dont understand about the connection

i just saw that this site seemed to help people in situations
                            and didnt seem a site to judge but to just help and give knowledge to people in the situation they are in

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X