• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed

Hi, I'm currently dealing with 5 historic debts, all credit cards, I lost my job in 2011 and couldn't keep up with the payments. Citizens Advice negotiated a £1 payment with all 5 and I've continued with that too date. The debts have been sold on several times but I've continued with the original payment plan. I'm now dealing with Drydenfairfax Solicitors, Cabot, Lowell and Link. Total debt £31.00¡ After reading posts on here I decided to send a CCA requestto all 5 with a £1 postal order hoping they wouldnt be able to therefore 'unenforceable ' I sent them all recored/signed for and have proof of receipt. So far the response I've had,
    Drydenfairfax, confirmed receipt but "this account is now closed, send all correspondence to Arrow Poplar Dac and returned postal order "as no longer needed" so I've sent CCA request and postal order to them.
    Cabot, confirmed receipt of CCa request, "unfortunately we do not have the relevant information on file, so will be requesting copy from original lender, we will send you an update within 12 days.
    Lowell, confirmed receipt but " unfortunately the duty to supply does not apply to an account where CCJ was obtained (13th Oct 2013) so the debt is owed and we will continue to pursue " £1 postal order being returned!
    Yet to hear from Link.
    I don't want to mess this up, could you please advise my next steps?
    Regards Frank7e
    Tags: None

Hi FRANK7E

Welcome to LB

Did you miss type 'Total debt £31.00'?

a) Drydenfairfax, confirmed receipt but "this account is now closed, send all correspondence to Arrow Poplar Dac and returned postal order "as no longer needed" so I've sent CCA request and postal order to them.

Await Arrow response.

b) Cabot, confirmed receipt of CCa request, "unfortunately we do not have the relevant information on file, so will be requesting copy from original lender, we will send you an update within 12 days.

Await Cabot response.

c) Lowell, confirmed receipt but " unfortunately the duty to supply does not apply to an account where CCJ was obtained (13th Oct 2013) so the debt is owed and we will continue to pursue " £1 postal order being returned!

They have a CCJ, but would need to go back to Court to pursue it. The Court would need a very good reason why they have left it so late, so very 'unlikely' they would pursue that avenue.

d) Yet to hear from Link.

Update when you get a response.

Comment

Hi ECHAT11, thanks for your reply, yes I did miss type, Debt is £31,000!
      regarding Lowell, do they have to produce a CCA? Do i need resend my request?
      None of these debts or CCJ's are showing on my credit file

Comment

Answered below.

Originally posted by Frank7e View Post
        Hi ECHAT11, thanks for your reply, yes I did miss type, Debt is £31,000!
        regarding

Lowell, do they have to produce a CCA? Do i need resend my request?

They've already got a CCJ, but they have limited options. There's no point in sending a CCA.

None of these debts or CCJ's are showing on my credit file

After 6 years, they drop off your Credit File.

Comment

Hi, responses received,
          Cabot,
          "unable to provide copy of CCA so Accounts are therefore unenforceable, however balances still remain outstanding and will be pursued" what should my next move be?

Link,
          received my CCA request letter 23/1/24, signed for. Not had any reply from them at all. What's my next move?

Lowell,
          have sent me a letter saying " we are sorry to hear you are not happy with the service we have provided and I hope we have now resolved the matter? Your compensation cheque is attached ( £1.00 ). If you remain dissatisfied with the resolution to your concerns please feel free to contact us.
          Whilst we hope you will not take the matter any further, you can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service for a dispute resolution?.....
          I'm a bit confused by their reply, what's my next move?

Capppquest/ Arrow Poplar Dac.
          CCA request letter received 14/02/24 signed for. Received letter back with my returned postal order as my request us "free of charge" and "a response to the content of my letter will be issued as soon as possible" not received anything. What's my next move?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Responses in main post.

Originally posted by Frank7e View Post
            Hi, responses received,
            Cabot,
            "unable to provide copy of CCA so Accounts are therefore unenforceable, however balances still remain outstanding and will be pursued" what should my next move be?

If you are paying, stop until they can provide a copy of the CCA. You could put the money aside, just incase.

Link,
            received my CCA request letter 23/1/24, signed for. Not had any reply from them at all. What's my next move?

Wait for a response, you could send a chase letter, no doubt they will make contact.

Lowell,
            have sent me a letter saying " we are sorry to hear you are not happy with the service we have provided and I hope we have now resolved the matter? Your compensation cheque is attached ( £1.00 ). If you remain dissatisfied with the resolution to your concerns please feel free to contact us.
            Whilst we hope you will not take the matter any further, you can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service for a dispute resolution?.....
            I'm a bit confused by their reply, what's my next move?

They are clearly talking nonsense, compensation etc. If they have a CCJ, because it's over 6 years, they would need to go back to Court, they would have to come up with a very good reason why they have left it so late.So unlikely to be granted.

Capppquest/ Arrow Poplar Dac.
            CCA request letter received 14/02/24 signed for. Received letter back with my returned postal order as my request us "free of charge" and "a response to the content of my letter will be issued as soon as possible" not received anything. What's my next move?

Wait for the response.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X