• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Executor not communicationg Scotland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Executor not communicationg Scotland

I'll try to keep it brief but I relly need help.
    Father died 3 and half years ago. Sister is the executor. Confirmation was granted in February 2021. The estate was valued at £1.2m at confirmation although the list was incomplete. Since then only the residential property has been sold and that amount distributed in 2021. There are still other properties and assets to be gathered, totalling approx 800,000 in but she is doing nothing and not communicating with me. There is a family business with property and land being rented and she continues to run this instead of selling it. One property is on the market but at £100,000 more than the valuation so noone is interested. It is not advertised online only in a solicitor window. She has all our parents possessions in her house (of great value) and many personal items such as photos and she has never made a list of them or distributed them between us. She also sold possessions under my cousins ebay account before confirmation. I have had no communication from her since 2021 despite me requesting an up to date account and info on progress and sending lots of letters. She refuses to do anything. I contacted the solicitor who was assisting with administration in December and they said they withdrew from acting in October 2023 and transferred all monies to her. I am concerned the estate is running at aloss and going in to freefall.
    I don't know what to do. I cannot afford a lawyer till I receive my inheritance. Basically, she is sitting with my inheritance and doing nothing but burying her head in the sand. She has no family, no partner and no money worries so no pressure to tie things up. She seems to think she can just do nothing and not be accountable.
    Help?
    @scottishsolicitor #scottishsolicitor
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X