• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Faulty Van Courier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty Van Courier

Can I please ask for help from anyone? I have bought a Van in Sept and within 3 weeks it broke down. It took 2 weeks for VW to find the fault and have now refused to fix the van as it is not under warranty. I originally sent a letter requesting a refund using Consumer Rights Law which i had no luck with and have now resent one with Sales of Goods Act but i feel that the seller is not going to pay out. What are my options?

5 January 2024
    Dear xxxxxxxxx,

Re: Complaint about faulty goods

I bought VW Transporter ABT-e Electric Van from you on 16th September 2023. I paid £16300. I now find the goods have the following fault:

1. I discovered that it was not of satisfactory quality: The van would not start and showed an Error, Electrical System – Stop fault. It was then recovered to VW dealership in xxxxx, where it has remained.
    2. It is now clear that the van was not serviced as stated when completing the sale (Full main dealership & service history) and according to VW is out of warranty as a result.
    3. I have since spoken to VW customer services who have informed me on the 22nd December 2023 that the vehicle was purchased through an auction and was sold as seen.
    Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended), goods you supply must be fit for purpose. As there was a problem with the goods when I bought them, I request that you give me a full refund of £16,300. I have also now incurred Vehicle hire costs of £1,483 to date (receipts can be provided), so in total £17,783.
    In support of my claim, I have enclosed:
    1. Original advert from xxxxxxxxxxxxxx showing that the vehicle was advertised as For Sale with Full Main Dealership service history.
    2. Invoice for the sale of the van from xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    As the fault happened within the first 30 days of my ownership, I am legally entitled to reject the vehicle and to be reimbursed the original purchase price of £16,300. I look forward to receiving the refund via bank transfer for this sum within 14 days to the following account:
    Bank Transfer: xxxxxxxxxx
    If you fail to reimburse me, I shall have no alternative but to issue a claim against you in the county court for recovery of the money without further reference to you.
    Yours faithfully,
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

His reply

On Mon, 8 Jan 2024 at 09:13, Sales <sales@owensexpressmotors.co.uk> wrote:
    Good Morning xxxxxx

I am in the process of addressing this as we have appoitnment to go to main dealer in regards to this warranty

My Reply

Good evening,

Thank you for your response, though I would like to confirm that your 'appointment' (as all previous appointments you have eluded to have not taken place) with the main dealer has no impact on the fact that I have requested a refund as the original issue happened within the first 30 days of ownership and, as a result I have repeatedly invoked my right to reject the vehicle under the Sale of Goods Act 1979, as the van sold to me was not fit for purpose.

I have also now been made aware that the warranty that the van should have also had (as stated on your website) a totally free 3 month parts and labour warranty on all vehicles and this was never processed with Auto Union Warranties. This is again another issue of a fraudulent sale of the vehicle to me.

I would also confirm that at no stage has a repair or replacement been offered from you or your company.

You now have 11 days to settle this matter.

Kind regards,

Mark Dunne
    Tags: None

Did you buy the van for business purposes? I observe the user name that you have chosen.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Yes I did, I am a courier and bought the van for work

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X