• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Distraught disabled lady

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bone of contention is, if the OP has written to Smart Parking and they have 'blatantly' ignored the communications, that isn't 'fair'. Things seem to have escalated from there.

Agree that we don't know enough in the OP's case regards paperwork.

Comment

Doesnt look at all promising for me now then. Despite all mentioned parties involved totally ignoring my letters I typed to them.

It looks like I'm now lumbered with a £384 cost which I certainly haven't got in full.

The main point was initially, I never had a stitch of correspondence from Smart Parking until 4 years post the event on 21st December 2019, then having taken much time writing multiple letters to everyone involved in the case, only to be thrown into the Northampton County court.

I was also then told that I was out of time and too late in my appeal, as I'd been bed bound/under various Spinal Consultants at various Hospitals.
      Unfortunately it seems I'd run out of time with Northampton County court and it had gone ahead, despite my appeal evidence.

Lord only knows how this is going to impact my current tight budget and essential rent, bills and necessary living expenses.

Does anyone know what is the minimum monetary denomination I can pay per month, regardless of my financial situation?

Comment

MaybeI have missed it but from reading this thread and responses, I don't think the basic information has been disclosed which is, did you file a defence to the claim or not?

If you didn't file a defence and Smart Parking obtained a default judgment then you should be able to confirm this by calling up the court and getting a copy of it. You then might have chances of being able to set aside the judgment per my earlier post but you need to be acting promptly on all of this.

Equally, if you filed a defence but failed to attend the hearing, then you may be entitled to request a set aside provided that you can show that you :

1. acted promptly when he found out that the court had exercised its power to enter judgment.
        2. had a good reason for not attending the trial.
        3. have a reasonable prospect of success at the trial.

In either case you need to make an application to the court but the decision is ultimately up to you if yu want to pursue this. The longer you faff about deciding what to do, the less likely chance you have of getting the judgment overturned.

Does anyone know what is the minimum monetary denomination I can pay per month, regardless of my financial situation?
        See my earlier post explaining that you need to make an application to the court to vary the payment and amounts. I presume the judgment is for the full amount to be paid which is standard practice unless you ask for something else. Smart Parking are not required to accept token payments so don't be surprised if that's something they reject if offered unless the court varies the order.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X