• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Resolve Call / Intrum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolve Call / Intrum

I have noticed one or two similar thread on the subject and assume "Resolve Call" are bulk threatening on the dozen.

This morning I received a letter from "Resolve Call" from an old debt that I had my student days over 20 years ago that apparently is own by Intrum.

Shocked wasn't the word when I seen the letter stating that they will be arranging a home visit to my home in the next 7 days. I haven't heard anything about this debt for a good 20 years,

Knowing the rules around "Statute of Limitations" I called "Resolve Call" (I know you should deal with things in writing but I just wanted it sorted")

They confirmed that the debt was back to 2003 and requesting payment on it.

I spoke to the agent could they advise if there was a CCJ issued and if so when? The call handler at "Resolve Call" couldn't answer the question and I stated the "Statute of Limitations"

The handler informed me that even if the debit is statute barred they can still chase it. But I informed them that I am stating to you it is "Statute Barred" and any further communication from you would result in harassment. So the agent marked back to Inrtum that the debt was not being paid due to the "Statute of Limitations".

I have followed this up with a letter / email to both Intrum and Resolve Call to keep it official and in writing as I want writing in all of this.

All evening I have been thinking about this and from what I have read is probably the right thing to do but I am having my doubts over it all as I have read what a horrible companies these 2 are.

1. Firstly have I done the right thing here a debt over 20 years ago stating this? (The National Debt Helpline have said I probably have done the right thing).

2. As the debt was supposedly defaulted back in 2003 (now 20 years ago) and a lets says a backdoor CCJ had been issued back in 2003 that I know nothing about. What would happen now?

3. I assume if nothing was done they can just go to a do one.

I am just concerned in the back of my head what if they got a CCJ back in 2003 (my student digs days) and what are the consequences of it now? Can this be enforced?
    I know they probably would have go back to court to enforced anything but would the court tell them to do one given the age?

Just worried now over this all and need a clear direction from someone with advice!

Tags: None

Hi AdviceGB

Welcome to LB

1. Firstly have I done the right thing here a debt over 20 years ago stating this? (The National Debt Helpline have said I probably have done the right thing).

Proving there is no CCJ, which I think is the case (I'm not sure Resolve would be chasing you if there was one), no payment or acknowledgement of the debt in the last 6 years, then it is Statute Barred. So if you have sent a SB letter, that is the right thing to do.

2. As the debt was supposedly defaulted back in 2003 (now 20 years ago) and a lets says a backdoor CCJ had been issued back in 2003 that I know nothing about. What would happen now?

Nothing, simply because they they have waited 20 years to bring the matter to Court, they can come up with 'zero' good reasons why they waited. Courts would need a 'mindbogglingly' reason to entertain it. It can only be enforced if the Court entertain it, won't happen.

3. I assume if nothing was done they can just go to a do one.

Yes, they can go away.

If they have a CCJ, update the thread, common sense says they haven't, they would take the matter to Court, not send 'Resolve' around, who have no powers.

Small fee, you can check - https://www.trustonline.org.uk/

Comment

The so-called Statute of Limitations is the Limitation Act 1980.

The effect in your case is that legal action is time-barred, and so you will not be taken to court, but that will not stop them hassling you.
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

You'll find a letter that you can send on the following link - https://moneynerd.co.uk/creditor-harassment-letter/

Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X