• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Probate question please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probate question please

What are the options when a beneficiary won’t cash a legacy cheque?
    Tags: None

Has the beneficiary said why they haven't cashed it?

Has the beneficiary indicated they are rejecting the legacy and do not want it?

If neither of those might the beneficiary be suffering from some health condition that makes them incapable of cashing it, or they lack mental capacity to know what they should do with the cheque?

Are you an Executor?
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Originally posted by PallasAthena View Post
      Has the beneficiary said why they haven't cashed it?

Has the beneficiary indicated they are rejecting the legacy and do not want it?

If neither of those might the beneficiary be suffering from some health condition that makes them incapable of cashing it, or they lack mental capacity to know what they should do with the cheque?

Are you an Executor?
      Yes I am an Executor.

You make very good points, thank you. I think may be I will have to try and find out what is going on. A bit of a strained family relationship, between the beneficiary and a parent, thank you for your input.

Comment

Another thought just crossed my mind, are you cerain the beneficiary has actually received the cheque and it hasn't got lost in the post?
        All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Another very good thought thank you, yes the person has received it in the post, they have returned a signed and dated copy of the letter I enclosed as a receipt. So they definitely have it!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X