• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Relocating as an International Student in the UK - Need Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocating as an International Student in the UK - Need Advice

I hope you're doing well. I've been studying in Birmingham, UK for the past 2 years and 5 months as an international student.

However, due to some unforeseen changes in my course, I find myself in a situation where I need to relocate to London. This decision wasn't easy, but it's necessary for my academic journey.

The issue I'm currently facing is related to my housing situation.

I've been living in my current house for 2 years and 5 months, and my landlord has been issuing new rent agreements each year, asking me to continue for another year. It has become challenging for me this time.

Since I have to move to London, I informed my landlord about a month in advance, as per the agreement's terms. However, my landlord is now asking me to pay the re-letting cost and rent for the period until a new tenant is found.

This condition was included in the rent agreement, but it's proving to be financially difficult for me.

Paying rent for two places (the new one in London and my current home) while waiting for the landlord to find a new tenant is a considerable burden, especially for a student like me. I've tried to explain my situation to my landlord, but unfortunately, they are being quite strict and inflexible.

I'm reaching out to the community for advice. If anyone has been in a similar situation or has knowledge about UK tenant rights and regulations, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X