• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Banned from tkmaxx

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned from tkmaxx

I was yesterday with my mum at Tkmaxx, she had put her shopping bags in one of the small hand trolleys and we ended up finding a pair of shoes I liked and tried on, they had no price tag so she put them in the trolley to ask at the register later for the price, we kept on shopping and a few clothes piled on, at this point we went to the changing rooms and forgot about the shoes, apparently they had ended up due to the weight of the clothes in the bag but we never realised. We tried the clothes, had a few look around the store and went to buy a blouse and then left, we where outside the exit doors for a few minutes while talking about something and looking for which store to go next when 2 security guards came to us and asked to check the bags, my mum complied and realised what happened and immediately told them while profusely apologising for what happened, they asked her to come to the security room but because I am prone to panic attacks and have general anxiety my mum told me to just go outside the store and wait for her there so I did that and the security guards did not even look at me or say anything.

Apparently once in the room the female security guard started berating her and keep saying she is a liar and that they are calling the police and continously laughing at my mum while the other security guard was calm and simply asked for the details (from what my mum said they looked like they where doing the typical good cop/ bad cop act) they even made up stuff about her having been there 3 weeks ago and having stolen a perfume but they themselves said they had no proof and are only blaming it on her because they had seen her touch it on CCTV and kept telling her to bring it back, my mum got really frustrated and continously told them that she is willing to pay for anything they want to blame her for to the point of even being willing of buying the same perfume at another store and bring it to them since they where so set in their ideas but they just kept up the same act and the female security guard was getting so rude and dare I say psychotic with the laughing and blaming and even telling her they don't want her dirty money that even the other security guard told her to stop and be professional.

They made her sign a paper banning her permanently from all tkmaxx stores in the UK and even then the female security guard kept trying to call police and shout at her that she is lying about her name and address and even telling my mum to call me and my dad to confirm address as she is a liar and that they would ban us as well as we are related to her and the male security guard once again had to tell her to stop.

In the end they let my mum go with just the lifetime ban and did not call police or tell her she would have to do any payment but they didn't specify if me or my dad also got banned?
    My dad was not even at the store the whole time we where there they just mentioned they knew him due to seeing him on CCTV having meet us the previous times we had shopped there and they did not call me to come along so I don't know if we also are banned.

Also in a year or two can the ban be lifted? I mean has anyone had the ban lifted? And do we just need to email someone to ask or something after a set amount of time?
    Because tkmaxx was our favorite store that we used to go to always so this made has us really upset and kind of frightful due to the harsh handling. Even when leaving the female security guard was mocking my mum telling her how she was such a good actress and good at lying.

Also can we still order online?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X