• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Intrum Uk & PRA group CCA requests. First Time Poster.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intrum Uk & PRA group CCA requests. First Time Poster.

Hello eveyone, i would be so very grateful for any advice on this matter please.

I have two debts with the above Debt Collection Agencies mentioned above. The Intrum debt is for £3300 for a *credit card with the HFC Bank dating back to 2006. The PRA group debt is for a *credit card with the Halifax for £7900 dating back to 2001.

Both debts seem to have been bought several times over by different debt collection agencies over the years.

I have been paying both these debts at £20 per month in a payment plan with both debt collection agencies for many years.

On the 7th of Setember, I requested By recorded delivery, the CCA Requests for both debts. I have received replies from both in the last couple of days saying it will take several weeks to locate the CCA Agreements from the original creditor and collections have been suspended until they obtain the documents.

Intrum even asked me if i had any documented information from the original creditor. These debts are so old i can't even remember taking them out, or indeed, if they are for *credit cards or unsecured loans.

My question is, What do i do next? do i just wait until they provide me with documentation?, or can i make a settlement offer?. I'm desperate to put all this behind me after so many years.

Thank you for any advice you can give me.
    Tags: None

Hi EOL

Welcome to LB

If you've sent CCA requests, then wait for their responses.

The likelihood is that they won't have the documentation because of the age. They need to tell you if the debts are 'unenforceable', in that case stop payments, then it's up to you if you want to make 'settlement offers'. They bought the debts for pennies, so make heavily discounted offers.

Update with their responses, then we can advise further.

https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/hand...ation%20notice.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
      Hi EOL

Welcome to LB

If you've sent CCA requests, then wait for their responses.

The likelihood is that they won't have the documentation because of the age. They need to tell you if the debts are 'unenforceable', in that case stop payments, then it's up to you if you want to make 'settlement offers'. They bought the debts for pennies, so make heavily discounted offers.

Update with their responses, then we can advise further.

https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/hand...ation%20notice.
      Thank you for the warm welcolme!, and even more importantly thanks for being there to listen and advise.

I will update with any further responses i receive. It would be wonderful to move on in life by settling these debts, hopefully with heavily discounted offers.

i'll ask for further advice on here re settlement offers once i receive more correspondence from Intrum and PRA.

Thanks again,

;-)
      Last edited by EraserOFlove; 21st September 2023, 14:29:PM.

Comment

No CCA (Lucky if they ever find one that old?) Many destroyed "IRON MOUNTAIN" Fire early 2000!s = no CCA NO debt to them. you have been cash cowed all these years, hence passed to different companies., for now I would not panic but would stop paying them UNTIL if ever they supply a CCA1974 which has all terms and details relevant to prior 2007 issues.

even for now put the cash into a deposit account for if ever they have compliant CCA and you can later if you want to offer a settlement figure = BUT if you did your CREDIT rating would be effected for 6 years England 5 years Scotland as partial settlement. But as stated see if they produce CCA1974 which is 100 per cent accurate.

NO CCJ? why did they not go for one if they have a case years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
          No CCA (Lucky if they ever find one that old?) Many destroyed "IRON MOUNTAIN" Fire early 2000!s = no CCA NO debt to them. you have been cash cowed all these years, hence passed to different companies., for now I would not panic but would stop paying them UNTIL if ever they supply a CCA1974 which has all terms and details relevant to prior 2007 issues.

even for now put the cash into a deposit account for if ever they have compliant CCA and you can later if you want to offer a settlement figure = BUT if you did your CREDIT rating would be effected for 6 years England 5 years Scotland as partial settlement. But as stated see if they produce CCA1974 which is 100 per cent accurate.

NO CCJ? why did they not go for one if they have a case years ago?
          Thanks for the advice Mike, thats all good to know. I will put the £40 per month aside until they can produce the CCA's.

As for my current credit rating, i don't know what it is..... these are my only two debts and i've never defaulted on the monthly payments in all these years to whichever debt collection agency held my account before selling it on. I don't have any other credit cards, Loans, store cards or overdraft's... just these two debts which have been enough alone to give me endless sleeples nights.

I don't know why but I've never been threatend with a CCJ from them , it maybe that as long as i stick to the payment plan, they won't .

I Do have to supply them with a written yearly budget expense/income form for the payment plans .

Anyway, i woke up this morning feeling positive about all this for the first time in years.Thanks all for your advice, i no longer feel alone in dealing with this issue in total ignorance. I so wish i had asked for advice earlier. Lessons learned.
          Last edited by EraserOFlove; 22nd September 2023, 08:15:AM.

Comment

Hello eveyone, i would be so very grateful for any advice.

Quick update ; PRA Group finally provided the CCA agreement, so i am in communication with them.

Today i received a letter from Intrum UK dated 1/11/23, in response to my CCA request back at the start of September. Their letter states that they have contacted HFC bank 'who are currently unable to provide them this documentation and although the balance remains outstanding, we accept we are not pemitted to take enforcement action against you whilst this request remains unfulfilled'.

The letter then goes on to state that my next *£20 payment to them is due on the 24/11/23 by direct debit and to provide a budget statement to them.

*Note; I have still been paying this direct debit of £20 every month whilst i waited for them to provide ther CCA , even though they said they would suspend the payments whilst they searched for the documentation. They did not.

My question is, should i stop the Direct debit and wait for them to contact me with a settlement offer, or just ignore any of the inevitable letters they will send me when i stop the direct debit as they have stated in their letter that they cannot enforce payment.

Thank you so much for any advice.

Comment

well until CCA found if ever (HFC)? basically up to you but no CCA means no debt until / if they find one.

What CCA did PRA send you (HFC) so call reconstructed atempt, no cca how can they? no

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                well until CCA found if ever (HFC)? basically up to you but no CCA means no debt until / if they find one.

What CCA did PRA send you (HFC) so call reconstructed atempt, no cca how can they? no
                Thanks Mike,

i think i will cancel the direct debit with Intrum Uk, they have had 9 weeks to come up with the CCA and have stated they can't currently get it from HFC. I suppose they use the word 'Currently' to make me think they will obtain it in the future and to keep me worried.

As far as the PRA group are concerned they produced a print out of my name , date and address of the time i took the credit card with the halifax and the agreement of terms and conditions between the two parties, (Myself and the halifax) No signature though.

Anyway mate, i think i'm resigned to my fate on that one, but the Intrum debt looks more hopeful.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X