• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Crowd justice page? Being sued for defamation after writing Trustpilot review.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crowd justice page? Being sued for defamation after writing Trustpilot review.

Just to give some background, I am being sued in the high courts after giving my account of a poorly performed surgical procedure on Trustpilot. In addition there are at least another 3 people being sued by the claimant for the exact same reason actively right now.

The cost's are now spiraling out of control and I haven't even been able to submit a defense. I missed my 28 day deadline and the claimant refused to grant an extension, consequently applying for a default judgement which required me to hire a solicitor and so far have paid almost £8000. I have been advised to have a meaning hearing as the claimants particular of claim has been poorly drafted and this will cost me a 5 figure sum. The claimant also has at least 4 open cases for the same thing against other defendants.

I am a regular working class person and these prices are insane for me. I believe I have a really strong story that can gain traction although I don't have a strong social media presence. Any ideas on how to promote a crowd justice page? I don't have many friends on Facebook btw, so my own social media is hard to utilize.
    Last edited by Torrent2000; 16th September 2023, 20:18:PM.
    Tags: None

There is an organisation called crowd justice https://www.crowdjustice.com/ can you all get together and fund a joint action

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
      There is an organisation called crowd justice https://www.crowdjustice.com/ can you all get together and fund a joint action
      Many thanks. I am not in contact with the other people, I am just aware that there are court proceedings for the same reason because its on the public domain.

Yes I am aware of that site, although I know very little about it. I don't have much of a social media presence, so wonder how people promote there page?

Comment

Originally posted by Torrent2000 View Post

Many thanks. I am not in contact with the other people, I am just aware that there are court proceedings for the same reason because its on the public domain.

Yes I am aware of that site, although I know very little about it. I don't have much of a social media presence, so wonder how people promote there page?
        What you do is start a 'Go Fund Me' page etc, send it to your family and friends, then they send it to their family and friends etc.

That way it gains 'traction'. If these other cases are in the 'public domain', there is enough info online to to track down the other defendants. As IslandGirl says numbers is a 'good thing'. If you can find others, then I think they might back down.

You need to make your case to Joe Public without adding 'fuel to the fire'.

Something like 'Innocent person being wrongly being pursued for an honest review as millions of honest reviews are posted everyday' etc.

https://www.gofundme.com/en-gb/c/fun...draiser-online

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X