• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tax Penalties Appeal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax Penalties Appeal

Hi I am an Australian Citizen, i did a 2 year working holiday in UK in 2017. I submitted my tax as i should and never thought any more about it. Earlier this year my friend received some mail at my old address in Australia saying I owe 4000 quid in penalties because i didn't submit any more returns since 2017. so i didn't submit for 18, 19, 20, 21, and 2022 etc. I lost access to my old email account which i was registered for my Home Office Account so i never received any notifications until my friend told me she received letters in the mail earlier this year. I think this is highly unfair as i was only living in UK and earning money in Uk for 1 year in 2017. I went back to Australian end of 2017 as i broke my foot and it made things difficult with employment, so it was just easier to head home. I tried to access my old email account many times but i was unable to and my working holiday visa ended in 2018 anyway, so i don't think i should have to pay any penalties as i didn't earn any money and I wasn't even a resident there.

I have filled out forms for the years i was supposedly supposed to submit my tax and i have filled out an appeal letter, but before i send it i want to make sure i'm taking the right course of action. Any information and advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Daniel
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X