• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Need advise please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advise please!

I come back from work today to find scaffolding has been erected down the full width of a shared alleyway to my neighbour and the scaffolding company has used their pole to brace off my property with their poles in 3 places without asking me for permission because they are can’t brace off the house they are working on due to sensitive materials ( external insulation) on the house they are working on for a loft conversion which is probably going to take 2-3 months. What are my rights as this cannot be right?
    Would really appreciate your advice.
    kind regards
    p
    Tags: None

You are correct in that your neighbour's action is not right, it is a trespass

Does the scaffolding also interfere with your use of a right of way down the shared alleyway?

What should have happened is the neighbours approach you, discuss their plans and ask your permission.
    It is then up to you to refuse permission, or agree to let them act in the way they have.
    If you agree this can be done for free, or you could agree a charge.

If you agree, then it is advisable the terms of the agreement is in writing .
    The agreement should set out what is permissible, the period of the works and the cost (if any).

As it has been done without permission, depending on how you get along with your neighbours, I would suggest you have a conversation with them, discuss your concerns and (if you don't object to the works) try and come to an agreement, which is then put in writing
    At the end of the day you will still be neighbours and keeping a civil relationship is to be preferred to a civil war!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X