• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Van Repairs Where do I stand.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Repairs Where do I stand.

Hello all.

This is going to be a bit of a long story.

Me and the half have a van that needed welding work doing (Ite extensive), and we have taken it too a chap that from what I know of very good at his job and is big in the old VW world (Basically I know he’s legit).

Anyway we took our van down on the 3rd of July. He quoted £2350 to start off with (he hadn’t seen the van at this point). So we took it down and left it with him. A day later he messaged saying it’s worse than he thought and because he has to make every panel by hand it’s now going to be £3400 and now take three weeks not two. Not a problem, I sent him half to get him started.

Now, because it’s going to take 3 weeks me and the other half we’re away so I said we’d be back on the 1st of August, an extra week. He said no problem I can but it in the barn for when you get back.

I ask on the 28th Will it be ready. Still got a week on it I think he says. Ok fine.

Message him on the 3rd to see if it’s available to pick up that weekend, ‘Thinking Tuesday, Wednesday next week’ so that’s another week.

Now because it’s taken so long I have to work away for 3 (ish) weeks on the 10th of august. I can collect first weekend of September. No problem he says.

He says he needs the second half of the money if he’s parking it up until I get back, as he says pay on completion not collection.

Now this is where I sent a message saying I don’t feel comfortable paying £3400 when I know the work still isn’t done, as he said pay on completion right.

He’s basically saying I’ve got bills to pay and all this stuff, but the van still isn’t complete. I basically try to sort any weekend in that time I’m away to get to him to get the van ready

After going back and forth on the 14th of august he says definitely next week. He says 100% the 24th I said if we can set it in stone I’ll send £650 just to seal the deal.

Fine. I send him the money, send him the photo of train times.
    He ignores my messages till the 24th of august when I’m basically getting on the train. Saying it won’t be done because he’s booked his holiday around me being away for three weeks, even though we agreed on the 24th.

I sent him a big long message saying how I’m not happy etc. he said give my your number and I’ll ring you when I’m back from holiday (Which he said was the 2nd of September).

That was the 24th of august. And he’s not replied to me since after I’ve sent several messages.

By the way he takes days to reply other than when he asked for money, he would message straight back.

Where do I stand, I want my van back, it’s out us so far behind, I don’t car how much work is left on it I just want it back.

Apologies for the long story. I do have the whole convo saved and bank transfers.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X