• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

No Notice of Assignment (Arrow Global)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Notice of Assignment (Arrow Global)

Hello everyone,

In 2019, I defaulted on a credit card from Virgin Money. It was clear that the debt was quickly sold on to Arrow Global as they are now showing on my credit file as being the firm I am in default to.

They have been very slow at dealing with any requests and therefore I find myself in 2023, still dealing with them via snail mail. The correspondence is with DrydensFairfax.

I am sure that I have never been sent a notice of assignment between Virgin/Arrow. Despite multiple requests, they still have not sent me a copy which makes me think it does not exist.

Last week, I received a letter to confirm that the debt had been assigned to Cabot. I googled it and saw that it had bought a load of consumer debt so I guess my debt was bundled in with them.

My question/assertion is this:-

Assignment was not effective as no notice of assignment was provided. It has now been assigned again so there is no chain of assignment. If any claim is to be brought, it is by Virgin Money.

In those circumstances, do I argue with Cabot that the debt is not enforceable, ask them to confirm as such and that the debt is nul and void?

Or do I make an offer to settle and hope they take a view considering the time, the procedural impropriety etc.

I have looked a bit at the law but it is very dense!

Many thanks,
    Tags: None

Hi Hello

Welcome to LB

You could send the original Creditor a Subject Access Request, they have 30 days to provide all the data on the account, for at least 6 years. Make sure you get Proof of Postage. That way you will know exactly where you stand regarding documentation, letters of assignment etc.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X