• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LC Asset 2 Sarl - Court letter -urgent help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have today received a letter stating I did not reply to the claim form and that has judgement has been made against me? How can this happen when I submitted it online? I have done everything correctly?? what do i do now, Im beside myself. Why am i being asked to pay £275 when I have received no evidence of my agreement etc?

the email reads...

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your claim response.

I’m returning it as a Judgment (CCJ) has already been entered against you.

What to do now
    If you dispute the debt and want to remove the CCJ from your credit record, please fill in an N244 Court Application Form completing sections 1,2,3,10 and 11: In Section 3 you should ask for ‘Judgment to be Set Aside’ and give reasons why you don’t agree with it. Please note, an application to set the Judgment aside is not automatically granted and the outcome of it is at the discretion of a Deputy District Judge.

Last edited by margaret1612; 26th May 2023, 12:21:PM.

Comment

Ring the Court, find out what date the Judgement was entered?

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
        Ring the Court, find out what date the Judgement was entered.
        it says on the form 23 May 2023, I have a dreadful feeling I got my dates wrong when sending everything

Claim dated 19th April 2023 + 5 days to allow for postage = 24th April 2023
        plus 28 days to file the defense = 22 May 2023

My email landed in their inbox 12.03 am 23rd May!!

Can you please explain why I need to know the date judgement was entered so I understand prior to speaking to them.

What next steps do I take?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by margaret1612 View Post

it says on the form 23 May 2023, I have a dreadful feeling I got my dates wrong when sending everything

Claim dated 19th April 2023 + 5 days to allow for postage = 24th April 2023
          plus 28 days to file the defense = 22 May 2023

My email landed in their inbox 12.03 am 23rd May!!

Can you please explain why I need to know the date judgement was entered so I understand prior to speaking to them.

What next steps do I take?

thanks
          Just interested in knowing when Judgement was sought.

The next step is setting aside the Judgement.

Comment

Just interested in knowing when Judgement was sought.

The next step is setting aside the Judgement.

How do I do that please? i have received the form, but no idea how to fill it in, teh form asks me what type f judge i nee, how long the hearing will be etc

FYI I never received a copy of the credit agreement from the solicitor etc either

Comment

How do I do that please? i have received the form, but no idea how to fill it in, teh form asks me what type f judge i nee, how long the hearing will be etc

FYI I never received a copy of the credit agreement from the solicitor etc either
              Do this before filling in the N244 form, contact their solicitors, tell them that you would like the Judgement set a side, you'll have to give a reason, if they give consent the fee will be just over £100, if they don't it will be over £275. Do this in writing, get Proof of Postage.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...Notes_0722.pdf

Comment

Do this before filling in the N244 form, contact their solicitors, tell them that you would like the Judgement set a side, you'll have to give a reason, if they give consent the fee will be just over £100, if they don't it will be over £275. Do this in writing, get Proof of Postage.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...Notes_0722.pdf
                My letter from the courts, it says payment must be sent to the claimant by 22nd June. I suffer from depression and each time I have to deal with this I ignore it as it send me sideways, I now have 2 days to pay £4k or the ccj will be on my credit file for 6 years, if I pay in full it can be removed, is that correct?
                I don't believe they have proof I owe the debt as they have sent nothing, but I don't want this on my credit file

Contacting the solicitors etc will take more than 2 days at which point i wont be able to get it removed

Comment

My letter from the courts, it says payment must be sent to the claimant by 22nd June. I suffer from depression and each time I have to deal with this I ignore it as it send me sideways, I now have 2 days to pay £4k or the ccj will be on my credit file for 6 years, if I pay in full it can be removed, is that correct?
                  I don't believe they have proof I owe the debt as they have sent nothing, but I don't want this on my credit file

Contacting the solicitors etc will take more than 2 days at which point i wont be able to get it removed
                  You can phone the solicitors and ask them for an extension, they can contact the Court.
                  I appreciate that you have health condition etc, but leaving stuff lands you in a 'pickle'
                  you have CAB and other agencies that can help.

Comment

You can phone the solicitors and ask them for an extension, they can contact the Court.
                    I appreciate that you have health condition etc, but leaving stuff lands you in a 'pickle'
                    will the extension allow me to have the ccj removed if i pay in full?

Comment

will the extension allow me to have the ccj removed if i pay in full?
                      Yes, but you need to speak to their solicitors.

Comment

I've just spoken to Kearns solicitors who said they stil havent reviewed my defense, and they are still waiting for copies of agreement etc from Barclays, which was requested by myself a month ago? They also said at this stage the claim is not progressing any further, yet a Judgement has been issued against me??

I AM SO CONFUSED

PLEASE HELP

Comment

I've just spoken to Kearns solicitors who said they stil havent reviewed my defense, and they are still waiting for copies of agreement etc from Barclays, which was requested by myself a month ago? They also said at this stage the claim is not progressing any further, yet a Judgement has been issued against me??

I AM SO CONFUSED

PLEASE HELP
                          Ring the Court, ask to speak to a Manager, explain that you were previously told by the Court that Judgement has been made against you, yet Kearns are saying that isn't the case, tell them what Kearn's said to you today.

Comment

[QUOTE=echat11;n1645274]

If she said that, it doesn't make sense. I think you've misunderstood. It sounds like the creditor hasn't asked for a default judgement yet. Just do what you need to do.
                            Update: i have spoken to the court today, as i have no idea whats what, after looking at the notes, they have now put a bar on it until they have listened to the conversation i had with an advisor, as I was incorrectly advised on 11/5 regarding the N244 form,.No clue what to do next apart from wait, seems like neither the court nor the solicitors know whats happening

Comment

[QUOTE=margaret1612;n1648591]

Update: i have spoken to the court today, as i have no idea whats what, after looking at the notes, they have now put a bar on it until they have listened to the conversation i had with an advisor, as I was incorrectly advised on 11/5 regarding the N244 form,.No clue what to do next apart from wait, seems like neither the court nor the solicitors know whats happening
                              Update when you get more details, write summary of events with details, regarding Court and Solicitors. I don't think the solicitors are at fault, but the Court is far as I can see, providing wrong information to you.

You could write formal letter of complaint to the Court, address it to the Court Manager, but it's up to you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X