• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI tax claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI tax claims

I received a payout from ingenious Legal & after taking them to financial ombudsman ( useless) I paid them an agreed amount, I have recently received an email from Capricorn Legal telling me they hold funds which need to be paid to me for successful settlement of my previous HMRC Tax claim with Ingenious Legal ( which I had no knowledge of) and am intending to claim myself, goes on, As agreed with Ingenious Legal? the fee will be 35% plus VAT this will already be deducted, They want, Driving Licence or Passport copy / Bank account, sort code, account number, They say ingenious Legal are in liquidation ( true ) acting by its liquidators Quantuma advisory Ltd apparently also in liquidation who have assigned ingenious legal work in progress to Capricorn legal Ltd by way of deed of assignment, Sorry this is a long letter, I have not contacted them & have no intention of doing so just wondered if you have come across this yourselves, Kind Regards Michael.
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Cheiftain View Post
    I received a payout from ingenious Legal & after taking them to financial ombudsman ( useless) I paid them an agreed amount, I have recently received an email from Capricorn Legal telling me they hold funds which need to be paid to me for successful settlement of my previous HMRC Tax claim with Ingenious Legal ( which I had no knowledge of) and am intending to claim myself, goes on, As agreed with Ingenious Legal? the fee will be 35% plus VAT this will already be deducted, They want, Driving Licence or Passport copy / Bank account, sort code, account number, They say ingenious Legal are in liquidation ( true ) acting by its liquidators Quantuma advisory Ltd apparently also in liquidation who have assigned ingenious legal work in progress to Capricorn legal Ltd by way of deed of assignment, Sorry this is a long letter, I have not contacted them & have no intention of doing so just wondered if you have come across this yourselves, Kind Regards Michael.
    Hi Michael

I've only just seen this.

I'm quite familiar with the whole Ingenious Legal saga. I'm guessing they originally claimed that you owed them for a PPI claim that you didn't give your informed consent to. Although being solicitors it is the Legal Ombudsman (and not the Financial Ombudsman) who adjudicates on complaints. Others here have had success going to the Legal Ombudsman.

Although I've heard of some ex Ingenious 'customers' getting marketing emails for tax rebate claims purportedly from ''Ingenious Claims'' but actually from a disreputable tax refund outfit called Tax Tree (see recent example below), yours is the first example I've seen of them (or Capricorn) saying that they've actually got a tax refund.

It would be helpful (and interesting) to see the email from Capricorn and the Ombudsman decision about Ingenious. If you could forward them to me I could perhaps advise nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I'm thinking that you could complain to Capricorn (and then to the Legal Ombudsman) to get the whole tax refund and not pay the commission on the basis that you never gave your informed consent to Ingenious in the first place.

TT.PNG

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X