• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Neighbours Tree has brought down our party wall and we are to cover repairs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbours Tree has brought down our party wall and we are to cover repairs

I unfortunately own a leasehold flat, recently our lovely management company have sent us another a 'Notice of Major Works' for the repairs to the party wall. (we have only just paid them £7,000+ for previous major works that were completed to the rest of the property)
    Sometime last year a contractor was appointed from our freeholder to remove a section of the party wall that was deemed unsafe due to the tree roots from the neighbours property causing the wall to lean. The bricks were basically thrown into our garden and nothing further done.

We have now received a letter for an intention of major works in regards to repairing the wall. It appears the management company have appointed a surveyor who has confirmed the cause of the damage is due to the tree.

I have emailed the management company asking why we are being told about a cost for these repairs as surely the neighbours who's land the tree is on would be liable for this - the best response i have had so far is that they are waiting for the neighbours 'interpretation of their lease'

Do we have any stance to fight these costs at all if the neighbours say they don't want to pay for the repairs??

Should I be writing a letter to the management company with my concerns instead of an email - would this have any stronger relevance?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I really don't want to give them another penny this year if i can help it.
    Tags: None

So the neighbour is only liable if he knew or ought to have known his tree was causing damage .

As for you ,hand it over to your insurance company

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X