• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Band from tesco

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Band from tesco

So I went to tesco on park road liverpool. I went to the self service check out. I had 15 jars of baby food I had to scan one by one. 3 tubs of baby formula. My own food shopping and some over bits. £100 pounds worth in one basket you can imagine how full it was. I had my items around the pram and some in the basket while shopping so it was easy for me with a double pram.

Anyway I scanned all my items and went to pay with two cards. I asked a young lad can I do split payment he said he's not sure and asked a girl called marianne. She said no I couldn't so I said okay. She then told me I would have to go to the normal checkout. I said it doesn't matter I will pay with one card. So I go to pay with one card but the till came up with a message to carry on or cancel. So I asked Marianne to help me She ignored me. The lad cancelled my whole order by mistake. My son who has down syndrome and sensory problems at this point is getting frustrated in the pram because he doesn't like it when its busy.

I start to put my items in the basket as fast as I can so my son doesn't get up set. All the items start to fall out the basket on the floor. Marianne watched me struggle and started to laugh. I felt so embarrassed because the line was full. I broke down in tears because I felt so embarrassed. She didn't once offer to help me but laughed at me instead. I asked for the manager. Sean came over listened to what I had to say and why I was talking to him Marianne was still laughing and talking to customers and another member of staff about me.

Sean picked up the baby jars off the floor put them in my basket and I said I'm not risking buying them incase the glass has broken he felt the lid and said they are fine. I said I'm not risking it. It was last of the baby jars and my disabled son will only eat that one jar. Not many places close buy stock them and they are the only shop close to me that stock my daughters milk. So I needed these items. I got my items in the end after loads of people getting involved and me being moved to the customer service desk.

I was so up set. I have anxiety and I struggle being out in public place my medical records can prove this. I said to a staff member good job my kids are with me or I would have lost it with her. I didn't mean I would hit her or I would harm her but I would of stuck up for myself and made sure she help me. I had to go to the chemist today in tescos to collect my prescription.

I went in carrying my 5 month old daughter in my arms because I was too scared to go in on my own and especially with my son. So I'm at the chemist and 3 staff members walk towards me asking to speak to me. One staff member left so only two was there. They pointed to cameras on their chest and said they was filming me. I said what why they told me I'm band from the store for threatening a staff member and posting on the Internet about my experience. I asked them to show me the cctv of me doing anything nasty to any staff member they said they can't.

I then said I am the one who needs the apology you can see how upset I was and I was struggling to manage my shopping with my children. But no they said I'm banned and someone rang the store to make a threat to the staff. I know it certainly wasn't me and I offered there and then to show my phone records. I think they made it up.

But now I'm banned. But I need to shop there for the sake of my son. If I didn't need to use the pharmacy or get his food I would use somewhere else but it's literally the only shop near me that has everything I need and makes it easier for me and my children. They even have toilets incase I need them for the kids
    Tags: None

Your post fell foul of the spam filter for some reason so I've approved it. I've also edited it into paragraphs as it's difficult to read what was a single block of text.

Comment

Hi Jodiefin

Welcome to LB

I'm sorry you've had a awful experience.

The best way to sort this out is to write to their H/O, the store clearly has an issue with you, how they know you made the threats 'baffles' me.

Your treatment needs to be investigated by H/O. To me it sounds like the Store Manager doesn't want you in his store, because of you saying 'the jars might have glass' and him insisting 'they would be o.k.' but it's not his store, he only works for them.

Write a letter of complaint, mark it as such, explain what has happened (as you have in your post), why it's caused you distress / embarrassment, and what you want them to do.

Email it to:

Ken Murphy
      CEO
      Tesco

ken.murphy@uk.tesco.com

Comment

Whilst this situation is hopefully being sorted out you could perhaps shop on line at Tesco

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          Whilst this situation is hopefully being sorted out you could perhaps shop on line at Tesco
          It would cut out the stress and unhelpful employees.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X