• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Baliffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baliffs

Hi everyone! I am a recent law graduate working for a small local company. My boss has enquired with me his concerns about bailiffs and I was wondering if anyone could help.
    Bailiffs are attending my office trying to claim a debt for a different company which is no longer trading as it struggled during COVID and subsequently folded. A new company is now operating with the same director, however, bailiffs keep attending the office to collect the debt despite being a completely different company with a different office space. The Bailiffs attend frequently and I inform them this is not the same company and they do leave the premises, however they keep returning with the same instance occurring each time. I inform them this is not the same company, they leave and then return. Is there a way we can prevent the bailiffs from continuing to attend the premises as it is becoming more like harassment at this point. Any help would be much appreciated!
    Tags: None

What can you point to about the company that "folded"? Has it simply ceased trading, or is it in a formal liquidation? (What is shown on Companies House web site?)

What became of any assets that company may have had?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thank you for your response.

The company has ceased trading and has £800.00 in the bank if not less but has not entered into formal liquidation as of yet.

The company does not have any assets.

Comment

There is also nothing to liquidate.

Comment

Does it have debts?

NB, cash in a bank account is an asset.
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

No cash in the bank account either

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X