• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tomlin Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomlin Order

Hi, is there anyone here, who would be able to advise on a Tomlin order?

Many thanks.

Tags: None

Yes. What is the question?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Hi its the wording, and just wanted to know if it is correct.

Comment

3. The Claimant, at its sole discretion, may require the Defendant to provide a signed and completed financial statement and supporting documents at 6 monthly intervals and may request that upon considering the information provided by the Defendant, this schedule is varied to increase the instalments. The Claimant will provide the Defendant with 21 days written notice of such a variation. Failure to provide any financial statement on reasonable request and failure to pay any increased instalment amount shall be considered a default event and paragraph 5 of this Schedule shall apply.

Comment

Is that in the main part of the draft order or the Schedule? Can we see the full wording please.
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Can I post to you, in DM's? rather than on the board??

Comment

As per my signature, I do not advise by pm.

Comment

UPON the Claimant ad Defendant mutually agreeing the terms set forth below in full and final settlement of this claim and all other counterclaim, or new claim that the Defendant may seek to bring against the Claimant. AND UPON no parties attending BY CONSENT ORDERED that:

1. The action against the Defendant be stayed on the basis of the terms set forth in this schedule hereto, save for the purpose of carrying such terms into effect;
                2. There be liberty to either party to apply as to the implementation of such terms;
                3. No order as to costs

Comment

THE SCHEDULE

1. The Defendant to pay the Claimant the sum of £ (“the Settlement Sum”) in full and final settlement of this claim and all or any other counterclaim, or new claim, that the Defendant may seek to bring against the Claimant. It has been agreed that any further interest will be waived if this Settlement Sum is paid. The settlement sum includes £ Court fee for this application fee.

2. The Claimant agrees to accept the Settlement Sum (time being of the essence for payment) to be paid way of monthly installments of minimum £0. The first payment to be made by no later than *********** 2023, and on the last day of each month thereafter.

3. The Claimant, at its sole discretion, may require the Defendant to provide a signed and completed financial statement and supporting documents at 6 monthly intervals and may request that upon considering the information provided by the Defendant, this schedule is varied to increase the instalments. The Claimant will provide the Defendant with 21 days written notice of such a variation. Failure to provide any financial statement on reasonable request and failure to pay any increased instalment amount shall be considered a default event and paragraph 5 of this Schedule shall apply.

4. Payment is to be made by bank transfer into the following account quoting the reference no: *****. Account Name: A******************

5. If any payment is late, and or missed, and or in the wrong amount, or should the Defendant default as to Paragraph 3 of this Schedule, the Claimant be at liberty to enter Judgment (payable forthwith) against the Defendant for the full amount claimed of ************, less any payments made under this order, together with further interest payable and costs incurred to date by the Claimant. We hereby consent to an order in the above terms.

Comment

Originally posted by BrightonRose View Post
                    Can I post to you, in DM's? rather than on the board??
                    Arhh, yes I see that now.

Comment

The content of post 8, which is the actual court order, is standard and acceptable.

My next post relates to the Schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by BrightonRose View Post
                        THE SCHEDULE

1. The Defendant to pay the Claimant the sum of £ (“the Settlement Sum”) in full and final settlement of this claim and all or any other counterclaim, or new claim, that the Defendant may seek to bring against the Claimant. It has been agreed that any further interest will be waived if this Settlement Sum is paid. The settlement sum includes £ Court fee for this application fee.
                        Nothing to say

2. The Claimant agrees to accept the Settlement Sum (time being of the essence for payment) to be paid way of monthly installments of minimum £0. The first payment to be made by no later than *********** 2023, and on the last day of each month thereafter.
                        Does it really say "minimum £0"? If so, do not point this out to the Claimant! NB time of the essence: the slightest delay triggers the default in para 5.

The first sentence provides that an increase will be requested. Requests may be turned down. The second sentence appears to provide for unilateral increase on notice - not a request. Possible conflict/ambiguity.

4. Payment is to be made by bank transfer into the following account quoting the reference no: *****. Account Name: A******************

5. If any payment is late, and or missed, and or in the wrong amount, or should the Defendant default as to Paragraph 3 of this Schedule, the Claimant be at liberty to enter Judgment (payable forthwith) against the Defendant for the full amount claimed of ************, less any payments made under this order, together with further interest payable and costs incurred to date by the Claimant. We hereby consent to an order in the above terms.
                        Note para 5. The sting in the tail, the sanction for not maintaining payments bang on time.

Comment

Does it really say "minimum £0"? If so, do not point this out to the Claimant! NB time of the essence: the slightest delay triggers the default in para 5.

No, it says an amount, but didnt want to put those details in here.

The first sentence provides that an increase will be requested. Requests may be turned down. The second sentence appears to provide for unilateral increase on notice - not a request. Possible conflict/ambiguity.

Yes this is the point that has confused me.

Worse still is that I am running out of time, they want an answer by midday, today or they will proceed. I do think they read this board as well.

Comment

Many thanks for that, Ive called and requested that they may look at that sentence again, they will email me back with a yes or no. Thanks for the speedy replies.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X